Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. New here.

Just picked up a new-to-me P32 yesterday, and thought I would buy a few different brands of ammo to see what works best. Out of the Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, Fiocchi, and Winchester white box, ONLY the Winchester will fit in the factory magazine. Now the Winchester has the truncated nose, and as a result is shorter than the other brands I tried, so, it fits.

I know from reading the forums, that other P32 owners are using a variety of ammo out there with no issues. And frankly, this ain't my first rodeo. So..........is there some weird technique to loading these P32 mags that is different from every other semi-auto I have ever owned?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds very odd. I have two factory mags that came with my 2nd gen and Fiocchi red box FMJ loads into the mags without issue. Nothing special about loading the mags. Are you certain these are factory mags since it's a new-to-me (used) pistol?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I take it by "new to me", you picked-up this P-32 used? Does the magazine have a rim-lock shim/wire/kit inside the back of the magazine? If so, only short bullet profiles (like hollowpoints) will fit the magazine. Can you post a picture of the magazine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there. Thank you for the replies. A bit of additional info here. My P32 is a 2nd gen model that I picked up "used" from Gunbroker. The mag that was included sure appears to be factory, as it has KELTEC embossed on the bottom of the base plate. Also, the mag says "MADE IN ITALY" on the side (made by mec-gar?), and appears in excellent condition. Regarding the presence of a rim lock shim.......I am not knowledgeable enough about KelTecs yet to know for sure, but it DOES appear to have some sort of additional thin metal plate at the Internal) rear, and there is a notch cut out of 1/2 of the rear of the follower to accommodate that metal plate as the follower travels up and down the mag. I only have the one mag at this point, so I have nothing to compare to. Not sure how to attach a pic within a post on this site, but I'll try. BTW, CDNN has mags for this gun for $23.99. Is that a good price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there. Thank you for the replies. A bit of additional info here. My P32 is a 2nd gen model that I picked up "used" from Gunbroker. The mag that was included sure appears to be factory, as it has KELTEC embossed on the bottom of the base plate. Also, the mag says "MADE IN ITALY" on the side (made by mec-gar?), and appears in excellent condition. Regarding the presence of a rim lock shim.......I am not knowledgeable enough about KelTecs yet to know for sure, but it DOES appear to have some sort of additional thin metal plate at the Internal) rear, and there is a notch cut out of 1/2 of the rear of the follower to accommodate that metal plate as the follower travels up and down the mag. I only have the one mag at this point, so I have nothing to compare to. Not sure how to attach a pic within a post on this site, but I'll try. BTW, CDNN has mags for this gun for $23.99. Is that a good price?
Well, after looking at pics of other P32 factory mags on Ebay, it does appear that I have some type of rim lock kit installed. Maybe this is one of those originally from KelTec.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
At the bottom of a reply box are three options. One is "upload a file". Click on it, find the picture on your computer, highlight it and click ok. That's how I just uploaded my six P-32 magazines, loaded with S&B FMJ. Sounds like you may have a rim-lock kit in your magazine.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
The apparent rim lock kit installed.......BTW, thanks for the pic help. Worked perfectly!
No problem and glad it worked out cnj. If it were mine, I'd leave the kit in for hollowpoints and pick-up another (or more) magazine for hardball. Enjoy your P-32.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.