Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

New York Reload

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  dyno 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a "New York Reload" holster for the 3AT? [smiley=happy.gif]

#8 ·
rhinokrk said:
K&D Holsters did a very nice custom SOB one a couple tears back, I did a search but didn't find the thread.  
I search for that same posting too with no luck. I though Kevin posted in the acces. section and MAYBE, didn't he call it angel, butterfly or something like that since the two P3 were slightly angled.

But any way, If you are seriuos for a high quaility rig, give K&D a call.

#10 ·
You could also consider the "smartcarry" holster which contains 2 pockets. Lots of folks on KTOG like this method of carry - including those who carry two P3ATs. In order to get the right one when ordering from their web site http://www.smartcarry.com/security.htm do this...

1. Specify the "SECURITY" model from the dropdown list - not the "security v" which is not ambidexterous (but is smaller in width than the ambi model)
2. In the "special instructions" area at the bottom of the order page - say "I need the SMALL size". Don't check the P3AT check box, because you will get the extra-small which is too small for the P3AT.

#14 ·
I don't think you'd be satisfied with the SC backwards, I just tried mine that way and it was uncomfortable and hard to get to. I used to carry an Uncle Mike's IWB with my P3-AT, but with the SC it would be very hard to draw it as the holster is designed to be worn below the belt-line. I'm a short torso type guy, but I carry my P3-AT 24/7/365 in the SC. At first, it was a little uncomfortable, but after a day or two of getting used to it and learning how to adjust it, I have a lot of times forgotten that I even had it on. For carrying a single weapon the XS is the right fit and make sure you take an accurate reading for your waist strap, I can't help you with the double carry though...as to going to the urinal with the SC, follow Charlie's instructions and just like shooting, practice makes perfection! ;D

#15 ·
Eduk8tor makes a good point - XS is good for single carry because it raises the grip up to a higher easier to reach position. You can get almost the same effect with the S, however, using a safety pin to shorten the pocket. However, some don't like the grip to be up that high, because it feels unbalanced if you are wearing loose fitting pants.

#16 ·
I think I will try another option then. I few years back my "six pack" turned into a "keg" making any kind of front carry into a "two handed draw". Meaning one hand lifts up my belly, and the other reaches for the gun. [smiley=grin.gif]. With my 3AT on my hip, I forget it's there, and can draw and fire really fast. SOB carry is a tad slower, but still faster and easier than the "keg technique" [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
Thanks for the tips!
rasj

#17 ·
The Smart Carry can be quite a versatile choice ... including "New York Reload"

I try to always be in condition yellow while I'm out ...
Since I usually frequent low threat locations though, I'm normally 24/7 with only either a P-3AT or P-32 pocket carry.
But if I believe a serious SD caliber is needed I carry the SP-101 .357 as primary ...
And on those occasions the Smart Carry Large works well for me.
Comfort is no problem ... however a quick draw it is not ...
I have sometimes carried a BUG there too (New York reload)...
I've also carried the little KT's there in an Uncle Mike's #3 ... when my pockets are too tight for comfortable pc.
#3 fits snug & nice into the pouch & holds the Armalaser well.
BTW with the large I could carry my CZ-75 ... that's what I originally bought it for.
But I've found I prefer the ease of CCW carry with the KT's just can't be beat.

I have the SC with the extra pouch in the back ... for my ID/DL/credit cards ... throw down wallet in my pocket.  ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.