New toy....

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Dan334, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Dropped by the local hardware store today to retrieve a bottle of drain cleaner and naturally, had to circle by the gun counter nosing around.  So happens, the guy I bought the wife's P3AT from a few weeks back was busy logging a new shipment including, the little HC gem below.  I'm not particularly excited about the navy blue receiver but around here, the HC is so hard to come by, I'll live with it.  Overall, inintial impression is that the overall finish on the HC is far slicker than the blue on my wife's. It's gonna' make a real nice addition to my stable of Glocks...

[​IMG]

2. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Nice looking hard chrome. IIRC, a new black grip with internals (hammer block & mag release) cost under $30. So the grip color is an easy swap if you ever get bored with blue.

Wilson – who’s a Hard Chrome admirer ;)

3. >:( Grrrr....... Dan....

You stole my gun..... I had called TP's a looong time ago asking them to find me that gun. They said they would call me if and when they could get it.

I just called the WM store, they did not get any, then called Monroe, and he confirmed you juts bought it!

I will be happy to trade, swap or fght ya for it!

4. From an email to another local gun shop in our area,  Diamond Gun & Outdoor

It is my understanding that SportSouth Inc. (web site link and  phone:   http://www.sportssouthinc.com/   Phone: (800)388-3845 ) is one of your suppliers, and that Sport South Inc. has a supply of Kel-Tec P3AT in a hard chromed slide with blue grips.

If you can get one of those guns, what would be cost to me?

I live in Ruston and would be happy to drive over and put down a deposit for the gun if I need to.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

the reply:

Howdy Mitch,
        Those are usually 285.00 when I can get them.  SSI doesn't currently have them.  Others do not have them either.. sorry..

Thanks,
    Jason

And I take back the willing to fight ya for it.......    how about just trade or sell?

I do have one a nice gray grip... or maybe one of my sisters?

Edit to add the pic:
    [​IMG]

5. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Tee-Hee...every now & again a blind hog really does find an acorn... ;)

From the call I got late this afternoon from TP West Monroe, I *assume* you have your new, Blue HC P3AT. I had them and every other dealer around looking as well and as it turned out, stumbled in right behind UPS.  I had been checking pretty close the last few days since I found out Kel-Tec shipments were starting to arrive although until today, minus any HC models.

Email reply enroute.

6. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dan and I are both doing the happy dance!

I am so glad I did not have to fight him for his Blue Grip Hard CHrome P3AT! He is a big guy, and shoots WAY better than I can.

They (TP's West Monroe) did call me yesterday P.M. to let me know they had one and would hold it for me. In order to avoid the potential of them accidently selling it, I paid with the debit card, (I hope I get the statement before my wife does!) and they put the sales ticket in the box.

I should be able to pick it up this weekend! In the mean time, I will drool over the picture Dan posted!

7. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Hmmm...

I think I'd like to see that "Happy Dance"....

Only down side is, the wife thinks she likes the HC / Blue Grip better.  I can see Dura Coat in my future...(insert sigh here).