NEW TOY ALERT !! HARD CHROME NAVY GRIP!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nu_Agin_Shooter, Aug 30, 2007.

1. I know I am shouting!

You would too if you had this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus:  The Guide rod hole area is nice and chunky.  About as thick as a quarter... I will be able to judge better tonight during the Fluff and Buff.

For those that saw Dan334 post about his new one you may be happy to know that we did not have to fight over it! We both got one!

2. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Very, very nice. I like that dark blue. And with the chrome.......BEAUTIFUL!

3. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Very nice NAS. Congrats on the new toy. :)

Attention KEL-TEC. People like new colored grips. You can sell more guns; just like the US mint and the state quarters. How about more colors? :-?

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Nice, wouldn't happen to be JFB07, would it?

5. I was actually hoping it was a JFB.

I thnk I know a guy who would pay BIG $$$ for it if it was!   ;D

6. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Congratulations NAS. :cool: All I ever see down here in LA (lower Alabama) is green & black green & black green & black. :'(

7. They make a green and black version? :D

8. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    You know what I mean. ::)

9. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I called the wife in to see the hard chrome with blue grips. She said it was all right but it was tritoned and it wasn’t a Ralph Lauren shade of blue :D

Wilson – who’s going to hide his new P-3AT when it arrives before his wife gets any ideas ::)

10. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I knew you couldn't keep up that happy dance 'til the weekend...

11. Dan...I can do the happy dance for several days in a row! ;D

I did the fluff and buff last night. More plastic over flash than I have found in the others. The front plastic pin was very hard to remove. I think some of the trash had it wedged in. Any way, it is back together now, hand cycle’s fine, and is dropping the pin on the snap caps. Really wanting to do some live fire with it.

I am hoping to go to TP West Sunday. Maybe we can meet at TP’s and compare our baby blues! I am betting the serial numbers are consecutive!

When I do go over there on a Sunday, it is usually between 12:30 and 1:00. If need be I could go later in the afternoon.

If my Dillon Sights come in today, I may try to persuade you to bring your sight tool if you have one. I would rather not have to use a dowel rod or something.

12. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Nice looking weapon. And good photo too...........

wyo-man

13. Dan334

Dan334 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I hope you do mean "Dawson" sights...?  Shoot me an email when you're ready.  If they were normal combat sights we could stick 'em in at TP but the Dawsons require a little extra effort and it would best be done elsewhere.  They recommend LocTite in the dovetail -and- on 2 little hidden set screws accessed underneath by removing the elevation screw and folding the top back flat.  There's a couple of tiny elevation springs that can disappear into thin air so you need to be in a "calm", controlled environment to get them right.  They are a very tight fit...the Locktite in the dovetail is probably overkill but I've seen some comments that they will shoot loose over time without it so I follow their advice.  These are great sights for good eyes and fantastic for less than perfect vision...you'll love 'em.

And FWIW, Dawson includes both a front sight tool and aluminum punch with a delrin tip with the sights.  I put the 1st set on using their tools without the pusher and had no problem.  The pusher takes the stress out of the equation, though.

14. DAN....Yes... They are Dawson NOT Dillon...
    019-004
    Sight - Front/DP/For All Glock w/DP or Bomar Adj Rear/Optic, .100" x .285" Tall
    017-012
    Sight - Rear Adj/DP/For All Glock/Target, Requires .285" or .300" Tall Front

And yes... I will let you know when they come in.  I don't want to just bang them in.  The gun + sights = $$$.  too much $$ to just bang away and not get it right!

And now back to the thread...

;D  I got to punch a lot of paper Saturday with a good friend!

With the new Chromed/blue 3AT ...30 rounds WWB.  Only one fail to eject after about 20 rounds.  Very possible my fault.  I had already shot about 100 rounds of .40 cal.  

The always with me 3AT... 20 rounds ... 2 carbon DPX and 18 WWB... no problems at all.

15. JLeon

JLeon New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    I'm new to the forum and also just picked up a new HC Navy grip. I paid 275 plus tax, which seems on the higher end of the scale.

Will see how it shoots tomorrow.

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That should be a nice pistol. People have paid more.

17. Welcome to KTOG Leon.

I hope you will consider a good cleaning and fluff and buff before you shoot it.

Here are a few links to check for a new gun and the lube info:

Most of us (SWAG 63.2%) perform at least 50% of the fluff and buff.  

golden loki fluff and buff

http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep.htm

http://www.goldenloki.com/guns/keltec/prep2.htm

new gun prep
    http://1bad69.com/keltec/newgunprep.htm

dissasembly
    http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

lubrication hints/tips
    http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks1.htm#Lubrication

I paid $20.00 more.  It was a bit much, but supply/demand rules the day.  The blue / HC is next to impossible to find!

18. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    You guys aren’t very nice. I bet you would wave a Snickers bar in front of a diabetic. I’m trying to back off my P-3AT addiction and there you go displaying pretty hard chrome/blue P-3AT models that I don’t own :'(

Wilson – who’s in wet Texas watching his tears mingle with rain

19. Wilson, sorry bud, but it is hard for me to feel sorry for the guy that owns more P3AT's than most retailers will ever see!

JLeon... 50% discount on a set of washers if you post a pic (in the next hour) of your new Navy Blue H/C 3AT that Wilson does not have!

Wilson, I will trade you one almost new Navy Blue Hard Chrome 3AT for 4 of those POS $100 3AT's  that you bought from ex board members!

20. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Now you know I could never sell or trade my children. In fact, a newborn just arrived at Dr. FFLs this afternoon. Unfortunately it will be Saturday or maybe Monday before I’m able to bring baby Plain Jane home. After potty training, a visit to the dermatologist at AP&W should give her that reflective mirror complexion. We may even change her name to “Fancy”. With all theses doctor bill pushing $400, I’m not sure I can afford any more family additions, although . . . . . if it were tax deductible . . . ::)

Wilson – who’s wife has strongly suggesting the next gun purchased should be hers, not his :-/