Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Kel Tec from a friend who bought an Ar.

ive shot it a few times and i like it so far, but its bare and ive got the itch to modify it.

Any must have's ?

right now im thinking scope, forward grip and a fake can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ordering a black mag from blackdogmachine.

i have a low serial number SU-22, if it starts to get jams, what do i modify? i read the thread and saw something on it but the picture was taken down.

·
Super Moderator
10,061 Posts
The pictures from ktwm of the ejection port modification were probably lost when Kel-Tec forgot to pay for their domain registration, some domain squatter grabbed it and they had to change to the new kel-tec-cnc.com address. The pictures of my modified SU-22 ejection port are still available.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1218851532/45#46

If your SU-22 serial number is less than 100, you might not have the factory modified ejection port. You can easily see if Kel-Tec milled a shiny angled cut on the lower lip of the ejection port, which is the part I sanded into an organic looking rounded surface, as seen in my pictures. If your SU-22 has the lower ejection port as molded, you can sand it to look like mine. It's quick and easy to do.

The other modification Kel-Tec has made is a shallower feed ramp. I didn't do that modification on mine. I didnt polish the feed ramp either, although several thousand rounds apparently did a good job of polishing it. A couple of weekends ago, I accidentally ran a magazine full of Remington Golden Bullet ammo through my SU-22 and had no problems. It would jam almost every time on that ammo when new. In a previous thread, ktwm told me that the SU-22 would be less ammo sensitive after an extensive break-in period, and apparently he was correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks. the serial number is 98 so yeah, its a first batch. ill modify it if i see any issues.

already found the sight i want, picking it up tomorrow! then the fake can and forward grip and call it a day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sadly i didn't go to the range today, i ended up spending all day looking for parts for my 02 tacoma and been working on it till a few mins ago. not a fun Sunday to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
10,061 Posts
I have a 1997 Tacoma 4WD king cab. It's been very reliable. I think the clutch is going out in it. I'll probably wait until the middle of the winter and then work on it. :-/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my truck has been reliable since the day i bought it, but i lost a drive shaft due to me being lazy and not replacing a u joint (broke a year ago) and just now felt the consequences.

i feel so much better knowing my taco is driving just as how it left the dealership!

its an 02 pre runner with 79k on the clock! its a back up to my 05 pbm GTO that currently sits on blocks cause i blew the motor up... twice.

my GTO before a cylinder decided it wanted out of the block!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts