new to the board

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by SST, Oct 17, 2009.

1. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Picked up my Kel Tec from a friend who bought an Ar.

ive shot it a few times and i like it so far, but its bare and ive got the itch to modify it.

[​IMG]
    Any must have's ?

right now im thinking scope, forward grip and a fake can.

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

3. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    reading over that thread, thanks for the link!

4. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    ordering a black mag from blackdogmachine.

i have a low serial number SU-22, if it starts to get jams, what do i modify? i read the thread and saw something on it but the picture was taken down.

5. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    The pictures from ktwm of the ejection port modification were probably lost when Kel-Tec forgot to pay for their domain registration, some domain squatter grabbed it and they had to change to the new kel-tec-cnc.com address. The pictures of my modified SU-22 ejection port are still available.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1218851532/45#46

If your SU-22 serial number is less than 100, you might not have the factory modified ejection port. You can easily see if Kel-Tec milled a shiny angled cut on the lower lip of the ejection port, which is the part I sanded into an organic looking rounded surface, as seen in my pictures. If your SU-22 has the lower ejection port as molded, you can sand it to look like mine. It's quick and easy to do.

The other modification Kel-Tec has made is a shallower feed ramp. I didn't do that modification on mine. I didnt polish the feed ramp either, although several thousand rounds apparently did a good job of polishing it. A couple of weekends ago, I accidentally ran a magazine full of Remington Golden Bullet ammo through my SU-22 and had no problems. It would jam almost every time on that ammo when new. In a previous thread, ktwm told me that the SU-22 would be less ammo sensitive after an extensive break-in period, and apparently he was correct.

6. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    cool, thanks. the serial number is 98 so yeah, its a first batch. ill modify it if i see any issues.

already found the sight i want, picking it up tomorrow! then the fake can and forward grip and call it a day.

7. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    sadly i didn't go to the range today, i ended up spending all day looking for parts for my 02 tacoma and been working on it till a few mins ago. not a fun Sunday to say the least.

8. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I have a 1997 Tacoma 4WD king cab. It's been very reliable. I think the clutch is going out in it. I'll probably wait until the middle of the winter and then work on it. :-/

9. SST

SST New Member

Oct 17, 2009
    my truck has been reliable since the day i bought it, but i lost a drive shaft due to me being lazy and not replacing a u joint (broke a year ago) and just now felt the consequences.

i feel so much better knowing my taco is driving just as how it left the dealership!

its an 02 pre runner with 79k on the clock! its a back up to my 05 pbm GTO that currently sits on blocks cause i blew the motor up... twice.

my GTO before a cylinder decided it wanted out of the block!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]