Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the other day I was at my local Gun Store and found a Kel-Tec P3AT on sale for $299.95 and I liked the way it looked and defiantly liked the weight of the firearm for Concealed Carry. So I bought it, well I took it to the range last night and tested it. I was very pleased with the recoil and accuracy of the gun. For the weight of the pistol the kick is very manageable, and at 15 yards I could keep a half dollar grouping. We shot 120 rounds out of it, 114 FMJ Winchester's and 6 Hornady Critical Defense FTX rounds. So far had 4 FTE's, and 0 FTF's. Not bad considering the gun was not broken in and when I got it I didn't take it home and clean or lube it. The more rounds through it the less FTE's, so all in all very pleased with Kel-Tec and the P-3AT.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
welcome to KTOG

·
Registered
92 Posts
It sounds like yours is well on the way to being close to perfect. I just bought mine yesterday, as well. I did a minor lube job and took it to the range. Overall good results considering but not as good as yours, by any means. When I got back from the range, I did a fluff n' buff and shined up the feed ramp but I haven't had it back out to the range yet. I'm hoping for much better results. It's hard testing those self defense rounds at about a dollar a round. Gotta do it, I suppose. I also picked up a P-11 that makes me think you might like it if you like the P3AT. It's like its big brother.
Enjoy that great little gun!
slomo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Limp wrist can account for FTE. I am not saying that was your problem. I took my new little gem to the range and it had to FTE in over 200 rounds. Both of the FTE where when my 17 y/o was shooting it and it may have been limp wrist issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts