New to the board and new to Kel-Tec

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by duffman77087, Jan 7, 2011.

1. duffman77087

duffman77087 New Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Well the other day I was at my local Gun Store and found a Kel-Tec P3AT on sale for $299.95 and I liked the way it looked and defiantly liked the weight of the firearm for Concealed Carry. So I bought it, well I took it to the range last night and tested it. I was very pleased with the recoil and accuracy of the gun. For the weight of the pistol the kick is very manageable, and at 15 yards I could keep a half dollar grouping. We shot 120 rounds out of it, 114 FMJ Winchester's and 6 Hornady Critical Defense FTX rounds. So far had 4 FTE's, and 0 FTF's. Not bad considering the gun was not broken in and when I got it I didn't take it home and clean or lube it. The more rounds through it the less FTE's, so all in all very pleased with Kel-Tec and the P-3AT.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. slomo

slomo New Member

Dec 21, 2010
    It sounds like yours is well on the way to being close to perfect. I just bought mine yesterday, as well. I did a minor lube job and took it to the range. Overall good results considering but not as good as yours, by any means. When I got back from the range, I did a fluff n' buff and shined up the feed ramp but I haven't had it back out to the range yet. I'm hoping for much better results. It's hard testing those self defense rounds at about a dollar a round. Gotta do it, I suppose. I also picked up a P-11 that makes me think you might like it if you like the P3AT. It's like its big brother.
    Enjoy that great little gun!
    slomo

4. sr5mike

sr5mike New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Limp wrist can account for FTE. I am not saying that was your problem. I took my new little gem to the range and it had to FTE in over 200 rounds. Both of the FTE where when my 17 y/o was shooting it and it may have been limp wrist issue.

5. mike_kitterman

mike_kitterman New Member

May 7, 2010
    Welcome to the group, the more you shoot it the better it will perform. Don't worry about wearing it out, Kel-Tec has a great warranty policy!