New to me P-3AT range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by butch199, Oct 24, 2008.

1. butch199

butch199 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I am happy to report that my first range experience with my new P-3AT was a positive one. I picked up gun 2 weeks ago for CCW. Never had a 380 pocket gun before but realised it was easier to carry daily. I did my research, including this forum, and decided on Kel Tec.
    I folllowed the advise on this forum and did a complete F and B on the gun. My ammo was Win 90 FMJ, Gold Dot 90 JHP, and some 100gr FMJ I picked up at a gun show. All ammo functioned well. I had 2 FTE, one I am sure was caused by limp wristing a s I was practicing double taps and I had a FTE on the last round in the mag using the 100gr FMJ ammo. The second FTE happens on the 4th round in a mag of the 90 FMJ ammo. This seem to be because of the round being stripped from the extractor by the next round in the mag. This was after approx 100 rounds so the gun was also a little dirty. I figure I will cure this from happening in the future by doing the hood mod and just cleaning up the edge of the hood to allow more clearance for ejecting round. Thanks to all on the forums for great sources of info on these guns. Now I am looking for a P9 to add to my collection!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Sounds like all went well at the range. Welcome to the group

John

4. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    If this is a brand new pistol I would imagine after another hundred or so you can expect FTE to go down to at least 1 per 100 max, which is pretty darn good in my opinion. :)

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard! Continued good luck with your new gun.

Take care...

6. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Hello butch199, its always great to have another positive range report from a member. Welcome and good shooting.

7. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG

Its always good to see another happy owner. Watch out for KTF (Kel Tec Fever) the little guns seem to populate.

CK