Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Lowes and saw this on display as I was walking by the tool section on the way to electrical:
http://www.superslickstuff.com/lubricant/Super-Slick-Slick-Stuff-.html

The description on the can suggested that it would make a great gun cleaner/lube for blowback actions like the 10/22 or Sub 2000. I bought a can to test.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? The company is pretty tight lipped about what is actually in the can. I expected to see the word "Teflon" somewhere on the label but I find it no where, or anything specific about the formulation on their web site.

Their web site also shows a gun specific lube (for $6 more) but really doesn't say how it is different than the above lube, which leads me to suspect that it is the same stuff labeled for a different market.

My S2K needs a cleaning from the last range visit. I'll try this stuff and post my impressions here after I've cleaned the gun, and after I've shot it with the new lube.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
11 oz. super slick stuff lubricant, is a non-petroleum base cleaner/lubricant, penetrates & cleans rust, dirt, grime, grease, protects from moisture, wear, rust & corrosion & leaves no oily residue, does not contain ptfe, silicone, wax nor graphite, use on any metal or between metal moving parts in locks, chains, fishing reels, guns, etc, unsticks stuck stuff.

• No Oily Residue
  • No Teflon
  • No Wax
  • No Silicone
  • No Graphite
  • No Build Up
  • Unsticks Stuck Stuff
http://www.truevalue.com/product/Cleaning-Lubricant-11-oz-/41144.uts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Gosh, one more cleaner/lube to try or read about. No criticism here, but reading this thread brought the following to mind . . .

Four decades ago I was using Hoppes and Outers. Dad and Grandpa used it, too. Then came all the new stuff I insisted we should all try; a forty year stream of "must try" cleaners, lubes, etc. all promising to be better than the others. I have seen more "new and improved" everything in my life to be very skeptical about any of it. Yeah, I chased the wave of all of the new stuff, but in my experience, I just didn't see a whole lot of difference between how I was loving my firearms last year to this year. I have always cleaned, lubed, removed fingerprints, etc. after every range battle. And I have always made sure the safe queens saw the light of day at least once a year and participated in the love ritual they so well deserve. And, yes, there are those special solvents for special cases we all need, but the real story is in the love and care we give to our firearms; the attention they deserve and we love to give. Just warms my heart thinking back on it all; it has never been the memories of the hassles of getting them clean or taking the time, but the low key excitement I remember when being intimate with a favorite firearm down at the cleaning bench. Looking over my cleaning and lubing stuff, I still see the Hoppes and Outers cans sticking their tops out over the fray, always ready to work with me again.

Firearms is a holistic experience; enjoy the noise, the feel, the smells, and yes, the ritual of loving and appreciating them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was at Lowes and saw this on display as I was walking by the tool section on the way to electrical:
http://www.superslickstuff.com/lubricant/Super-Slick-Slick-Stuff-.html

The description on the can suggested that it would make a great gun cleaner/lube for blowback actions like the 10/22 or Sub 2000. I bought a can to test.

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? The company is pretty tight lipped about what is actually in the can. I expected to see the word "Teflon" somewhere on the label but I find it no where, or anything specific about the formulation on their web site.

Their web site also shows a gun specific lube (for $6 more) but really doesn't say how it is different than the above lube, which leads me to suspect that it is the same stuff labeled for a different market.

My S2K needs a cleaning from the last range visit. I'll try this stuff and post my impressions here after I've cleaned the gun, and after I've shot it with the new lube.
Having not seen it in-person or read the contents label, it sounds like a penetrating oil.

I use lubricating oils (Lucas Red & Blue) and light grease (Superlube) on my handguns.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Get the SDS and read it. If teflon is on it keep it away from any and all things that produce high heat.
Good idea:http://www.toolboxsupply.com/media/downloads/13253/10891510.pdf

But not much help:"Ingredients: Proprietary blend of base oils(comma?) inhibitors, solvents and additives"

The can states that there is no Teflon in the product. I can't find that on the web site, but it does claim that it still functions as a lubricant in "extreme heat".

Like I said in the first post, I have no experience with this stuff. The product description makes it sound like it is ideal for blowback actions in that does not attract dirt (powder fouling), yet continues to lubricate.

So far, I used it to free up a sticky wheel on a platform cart. It was in the truck at the time when I was moving the mother in laws stuff. It made the sticky wheel much better, and the other 3 spun easier as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.