Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I've been lurking here on KTOG for a while, since I had been thinking about getting a P-32 to go with my other .32s. At a local gun shop recently, I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 1st gen P-32, only $125. It looked like it had been shot very little, and near as I could tell never carried.

Here it is with my Colt 1903 .32 for comparison...

I'm impressed with it so far. It's fed, fired, & ejected several brands of factory FMJ and my handloads without a single issue. Accuracy was pretty good, and should get better once I get used to the 2-dot sights.

·
Registered
309 Posts
WOW! You got quite a deal on that one! I have one just like it but around here it costs around $250. Something that might interest you for your 1st Gen http://www.psenhancements.com/ . I installed one on my 1st gen and it really made a difference for me, my eyesight isn't like it used to be these days. Glad it shoots well for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, all. I've been lurking here on KTOG for a while, since I had been thinking about getting a P-32 to go with my other .32s. At a local gun shop recently, I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a 1st gen P-32, only $125. It looked like it had been shot very little, and near as I could tell never carried.

Here it is with my Colt 1903 .32 for comparison...

I'm impressed with it so far. It's fed, fired, & ejected several brands of factory FMJ and my handloads without a single issue. Accuracy was pretty good, and should get better once I get used to the 2-dot sights.
Nice P32, thanks for sharing the picture.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's a smokin' deal. Congrats. You will really love the little P-32. It simply serves it's purpose and does it well.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
WOW! You got quite a deal on that one! I have one just like it but around here it costs around $250. Something that might interest you for your 1st Gen http://www.psenhancements.com/ . I installed one on my 1st gen and it really made a difference for me, my eyesight isn't like it used to be these days. Glad it shoots well for you.
Hi,

Sort of a coincidence but PSEnhancements distributor is a few blocks from my Girlfriends home. I have to drop by and see if they have any in stock for my 1st Gen P-32.

Best Regards::)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Update - the Laserlyte side-mount laser sight that I ordered arrived today, I hope that I will get to try it out this weekend.
I installed one on my P32 awhile back. Works pretty well. I would definitely suggest blue loctite on the battery hold down screws. Recoil loosens them up pretty quick but the loctite solved the problem... over 250 rounds so far and still holding. Make sure you take note as well in the instructions for adjusting elevation or windage or the recoil will knock the zero off as well... figured that out... then I read the instructions.. backwards i know. I do that sometimes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed one on my P32 awhile back. Works pretty well. I would definitely suggest blue loctite on the battery hold down screws. Recoil loosens them up pretty quick but the loctite solved the problem... over 250 rounds so far and still holding. Make sure you take note as well in the instructions for adjusting elevation or windage or the recoil will knock the zero off as well... figured that out... then I read the instructions.. backwards i know. I do that sometimes.
Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I'm having a little trouble installing the laser I mentioned in an earlier post. I can't get the pins in the frame to come out so I can swap in the longer ones that also hold the laser. I've tried letting some Kroil soak in overnight, they still won't budge. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pins always come out left to right and go back in right to left. I have to use a hammer and pin to get mine out. If you don't have a pin set then a small, flat faced torx or allen screw driver should do the trick for you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pins always come out left to right and go back in right to left. I have to use a hammer and pin to get mine out. If you don't have a pin set then a small, flat faced torx or allen screw driver should do the trick for you.
Sn3akyGuy has it right.... however, when installing the laserlyte side mount laser pins, you will want to push the long part in to the left side so that the threaded end sticks out the ejection side that the laser mounts to... I'm not saying it would be impossible to do it any other way... It was just easier for me this way :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pins wouldn't come out no matter which way I tried to tap them, so I decided to let my local gunsmith install the laser sight. He should be done in a few days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A few days? Something comes to me like that it's done on the spot. He must have one hell of a back log. For that wait time is he going to sight it in for you as well? Not that it really needs it, they're fairly close out of the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a holiday weekend. The gunsmith works from home, and does pickup & delivery through my local gun shop. He anticipates having it done & returned to the gun shop by Wed. I'm not worried about the time, this isn't a 'gotta have it yesterday' kind of project.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts