Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

New to forum, but not to KTs

643 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ranger351w 
#1 ·
Hello all, perty cool looking site here. Anyway let me say that i am a fireamrs enthusiast. I have carried 1911s a few Glocks and even M9s. But i keep finding myself just grabbing the little guys. I must say i like the P3at since its tiny yet still has a decent cartrage size. Anyway looks like theres some good info and people here so hopefully ill be here for wile :)
On a side note, has anyone done a long gevity test with thier 380? I like to shoot alot and since at the moment this is my only pistol im going to be going to the pistol range alot. I know it wont last as long as my Glock did but would 1K rounds of standard ball be expecting too much?

#5 ·
It's a great-to-have-it-when-you-need-it gun, but it's not a great range gun.

I don't find it very fun to shoot, so I shoot it enough to stay proficient, but don't go through huge amounts of ammo with it.

Mine should last me a long, long time.

#7 ·
These are far from range pounders or target pistols. IMO, they are not designed for that level of use. Kel-tec pegs the life of the gun at around 6000 rounds.  They are ultralight weapons made to conceal easily and get you out of a jam, up close and personal.   At the range, I usually just run a couple of mags or so to check function.  YMMV.

#9 ·
TxCajun said:
These are far from range pounders or target pistols.  IMO, they are not designed for that level of use.  Kel-tec pegs the life of the gun at around 6000 rounds.  They are ultralight weapons made to conceal easily and get you out of a jam, up close and personal.   At the range, I usually just run a couple of mags or so to check function.  YMMV.
Same here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.