New to forum, but not to KTs

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by praetorian, Oct 25, 2007.

1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Hello all, perty cool looking site here. Anyway let me say that i am a fireamrs enthusiast. I have carried 1911s a few Glocks and even M9s. But i keep finding myself just grabbing the little guys. I must say i like the P3at since its tiny yet still has a decent cartrage size. Anyway looks like theres some good info and people here so hopefully ill be here for wile :)
    On a side note, has anyone done a long gevity test with thier 380? I like to shoot alot and since at the moment this is my only pistol im going to be going to the pistol range alot. I know it wont last as long as my Glock did but would 1K rounds of standard ball be expecting too much?

2. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Welcome.

With Kel Tec's lifetime warranty, you just send it back for repair if and when it wears out. Someone will be along at some point to better let you know what to expect for longevity.

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    The Kel Tec web site list 6000 as expected life (springs less). But as stated w/ lifetime warranty that's no issue(get 2 so you'll still have one while the others gone home for refurbishing)

4. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thats what i was thinking. Next payday ill probably get another one as a standby.

5. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    It's a great-to-have-it-when-you-need-it gun, but it's not a great range gun.

I don't find it very fun to shoot, so I shoot it enough to stay proficient, but don't go through huge amounts of ammo with it.

Mine should last me a long, long time.

6. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I uaually like to shoot 100-200 rounds a month through my carry pistol. From what i have been reading thats quite allot for most people around here.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    These are far from range pounders or target pistols. IMO, they are not designed for that level of use. Kel-tec pegs the life of the gun at around 6000 rounds.  They are ultralight weapons made to conceal easily and get you out of a jam, up close and personal.   At the range, I usually just run a couple of mags or so to check function.  YMMV.

8. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    hmmm maybe ill just learn to shoot less. Ill probably save more money that way anyway :p

9. ranger351w

ranger351w New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Same here