Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. So a couple months ago I picked up a new p3at to replace a misfit s&w bodyguard 380. Very happy with it, even though it was painful to shoot. Got through 40 rounds with no issues and had better groupings than I ever did with the s&w. Unfortunately the nickel boron was peeling after that first range trip and kel tec sent me a shipping label to send it in.

So while waiting to get the p3at back, I picked up a pf9, blued. I have 150 trouble free rounds through it and am very happy with it so far. Much less painful to shoot than the p3at. I did smooth out some rough edges on the grip and trigger using some fine grit sandpaper. I don't see any need for any other mods on it. Feels great. I will probably end up going with the p3at for daily carry though when I get it back and get more practice rounds with it.

When I say it was painful, it was the trigger giving me trouble. I'm sure I can work that out with some heat shrink or surgical tubing. I didn't do any smoothing on that one as I knew it was going back. I miss it

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the forum Daniel. Yes, the P3AT can have a nasty little twist to it but it's not the type of gun to go out and shoot a lot. I will shoot no more then about 15 rounds at any one session since I only carry 13 rounds at the most and usually only the 6+1 in the pistol. It's a tiny little gun with tiny little parts and not much room for burnt powder between those parts so clean it often when shooting. It's a great gun to carry though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.