Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
New to the forum not new gun owner, got my sub2000 gen 2 today and just had some questions after flipping through the manual and watching some videos. I plan on using the gun for plinking, nothing to crazy, federal 9mm, range once a week.

After firing today and cleaning, is it fine to clean only the bore with a borensnake, bolt clean and lube with rem oil? I can't figure out how you clean the inside of the receiver after googling most say it's hard to take apart, is this something you guys clean or is it not necesary for function, any spare parts you recommend to buy to keep on hand?

Also wanted to ask if there are any long term owners, after reading reports of some cracks, I am wondering how long these last, etc it feels great but in my application will it hold up? Thanks in advance guys, glad to be apart of the community of this versatile firearm.
In regard to the cracking, if I remember correctly, it seemed to mainly occur to the color polymer (green and sand) of a certain run in late 2018/early 2019. I think (again with my old memory) that it was subsequently corrected. There haven't been many reports of cracking on this forum over the years otherwise. Welcome to the forum and I think you will have fun with your S2K.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
I would say that you shouldn't bang the barrel against anything while the stock is unfolded because most of the stress cracks you see on the interweb is at the fold hinge.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Your concern with the cracks would be a valid a while ago. However like stated, I think your gun is way past the time frame of guns that had that issue. Mine cracked and besides not having a gun for a few weeks (6,000 mile round trip) Keltec's customer service is second to none. I've had zero issues since and have put 1000+ rounds through it.
Thanks for confirming I don't have total dementia (lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts