Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
1,397 Posts
You should be fine. I have shot it in mine. It works very well. The 9 mm NATO is generally considered to be comparable to a 9 mm +p. The Sub2K also comes chambered in .40 S&W, which is even more powerful than 9 mm NATO. I have both calibers. The standard factory bolts and recoil springs, which are the principal recoil-handling parts, for both calibers are identical except for the breech face on the bolt head.

Incidentally, new 9 mm Sub2Ks are frequently more reliable with 124 grain bullets than with 115 grain loads. After a few hundred rounds to break in, they typically will shoot anything. The .40s don't usually need a break in.

I generally prefer standard pressure loads. I consider the original 124 grain projectile weight for 9 mm to be the standard. For .40 S&W, I consider 165 grain projectiles to be my standard, because the common commercial loads have practically identical bullet trajectories to those of typical 124 grain 9 mm. In my opinion, 180 grain for a .40 S&W is a little heavier than ideal and is a holdover from the 10 mm, which "inspired" the creation of the .40 S&W.

buzzsaw

1 - 1 of 1 Posts