Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by a local gun store just to browse and saw this blue G17 Sub2000 hanging on the wall and couldn't leave the store without it. Have been wanting one for awhile and had no idea this color existed. Can't wait to get it out on the range.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So far I've gotten a lot of "Is that a toy?" from mine :)

Which is actually fine. The blue seems to make it more approachable to people who wouldn't otherwise touch a firearm. Even hanging from a sling, they aren't quite sure how to categorize it mentally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the blue one. I just picked up one too.
Congrats on the purchase :tu: !

I'm pretty sure the blue one is camouflage for when you go swimming or to a smurf convention.

I've always wanted the digital camo model but those are discontinued.

Welcome to the sub club!
:ty: (The color kinda goes with the emoji too)

So far I've gotten a lot of "Is that a toy?" from mine :)

Which is actually fine. The blue seems to make it more approachable to people who wouldn't otherwise touch a firearm. Even hanging from a sling, they aren't quite sure how to categorize it mentally.
Had a couple of similar reactions, asking me if it was real. In its stock form it certainly looks less imposing than your average modded AR. I've ordered a few goodies to spruce it up so we'll see what people will think then :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New parts arrived and have been installed.

Tacticool bolt tube cover and charging handle cover.

Angled foregrip from Ebay. Due to its shape, there was interference with the flashlight mount. A few minutes with a rotary tool solved that.

Speaking of flashlight mount, it's a UTG M-LOK offset mount with a cheap light.

Up top is a FieldSport Reflex Sight mounted on a Mizugiwa 5 slot QD Riser.

I also picked up one of the dozens of cheap action cams on Amazon and mounted on a Rail Dogz side mount.

Using GVN polymer M-LOK rails for the camera mount and the reflex sight when not in use.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Had a couple of similar reactions, asking me if it was real. In its stock form it certainly looks less imposing than your average modded AR. I've ordered a few goodies to spruce it up so we'll see what people will think then :)

i have a black Beretta 40 cal. Didn't see a blue one till last week.its neat. I thought about painting it When install the mcarbo trigger job

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice color!!! Reminds me of when I bought my current (blue) car. Ha...

I found it on a dealer's lot 3.5 hours away through Autotrader. It was the deal of a lifetime (3 years old with only 5k miles) and was so...because of the color. They had two of them on their lot that couldn't sell. After staring at it for a few hours, I drove off with it.

I get compliments on it almost every day. However, when I ask whether they'd buy that color, they say "No...I'm more of a black, silver, grey kinda guy." LOL (despite the fact that most of the print work for this car shows a blue one.)

I'll never have an ordinary color again...except in guns. Haha...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice set up.

Nice color!!! Reminds me of when I bought my current (blue) car. Ha...

I found it on a dealer's lot 3.5 hours away through Autotrader. It was the deal of a lifetime (3 years old with only 5k miles) and was so...because of the color. They had two of them on their lot that couldn't sell. After staring at it for a few hours, I drove off with it.

I get compliments on it almost every day. However, when I ask whether they'd buy that color, they say "No...I'm more of a black, silver, grey kinda guy." LOL (despite the fact that most of the print work for this car shows a blue one.)

I'll never have an ordinary color again...except in guns. Haha...
My current car also matches my Sub...
View media item 1703

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finally got a chance to shoot the Sub2K for the first time. The image below shows the results @15 yds while aiming at the center of the head with the stock sights. I got good results @25 yds as well, although the grouping wasn't as tight.

I have the stock in the shortest position and I shoot left handed. I definitely noticed gas hitting my face. At one point I switched to right hand. The recoil was nothing to complain about, but I must not have held it firmly enough b/c the next day I noticed some red marks on my left arm around my arm pit area.

Overall, a fun gun to shoot. Will probably extend the stock and see if that helps with the gas in my face.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts