Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a new sub to the range today and it was shooting low and very much to the left at 25 feet. I had to lower the sight as far down as it would go and then drift it all the way left. I is dead on now, but it looks stupid. Is this normal? Could my sight post be off? It does not look to be with the naked eye. Also, when it folds, the post and detent do not match right up. I need to pull the barrel a tiny bit to the side to get it to click into place. Again, i have no idea if this is normal.

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
All of these are normal. Kel-tec will reposition the windage of the sight for you if you find it too distracting, but it will entail a return to them. You are having to set the front sight low because it was intended to be zeroed at 20 yards (60'), not 25 feet. In order to get you on bullseye at 25' the sight needs to be set lower. Proper zero for the Sub is if you set it at 20 yds, it will be 2" high at 50 yds, and coming back down to Point of Aim (POA) at 100 yds. I recommend using this setting and if you are shooting closer than 20 yds just hold very slightly - less than an inch - high.

The folding issue is again not uncommon. Some of us install the stock extension because it kind of auto aligns the front sight into the ball. Some of us just hold slight side pressure on the barrel while folding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you. Already considered switching the elevation. Your recommendation will be very helpful. I already changed the windage. It was shooting 2 inches to the left, so I adjusted to sight in small increments, until I could go not further left. It was dead on at that point, so I stopped. That is my major concern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts