New SU22 and help needed.  Rifle will not unf

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by akajimmy, May 5, 2010.

1. akajimmy

akajimmy New Member

May 4, 2010
    My first post here and it is not good. Just purchased an SU22CA, and I was pumped. In my exuberance, I removed the buffer, folded up the rifle, pulled back on the bolt. Now the olt will not go forward and the rifle will not unfold.

Can anyone offer assistance? :-[

I am also the proud papa of a sub 2000 and a p32 which I am very pleased with. :)

2. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Grand Poobah Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Georgia
    Re: New SU22 and help needed.  Rifle will not unf

Welcome to KTOG!

I have done that before, too. Without the buffer in place, the bolt goes back too far and the hammer springs up in front of the bolt face, wedging the bolt back. You need to get something thin into the gun to push, pull or pry the hammer down and hold it, while pushing the bolt forward.

When I did this, the gun was in shooting position, which is what I consider unfolded, and I had to force open the receiver where it clamshells, for lack of a better word, and work a thin knife blade in to pry the hammer back to free the bolt.

Hope this helps,

buzzsaw

3. Mr_G

Mr_G New Member

Apr 28, 2010

I am not sure I fully understand situation. The gun is NOT folded closed. It is in the ready and open position....If this is your situation. Try this:

Remove the "Pivot Screw". This is the screw that is just behind magazine where the stock pivots when folded. If you remove the screw the gun will come apart into two parts. Then put buffer back in and reassemble.

4. Mr_G

Mr_G New Member

Apr 28, 2010

BTW.. After you remove the screw you dont have to worry about any springs, parts or other stuff getting AFU. It is simple fix. Only thing is when you replace screw dont overtighten just make them snug. Also you will need two phillips drivers. One for each side of the gun or the screw will just spin.

5. akajimmy

akajimmy New Member

May 4, 2010

Yes, I did mispost the issue.  The rifle will not <<fold>>.  I forgot to insert the buffer.  I followed buzzsaws advise and applied a little extra pressure, I was able to fold it.  I will not EVER do that again.  He was right, it was just the hammer that got caught.  Thanks for for your tips too Mr. G.  I can't wait to get out and shoot this baby.  My next purchase will be one of those 50 round drums.

I think I am in a bit of trouble. I own three Kel-tecs now, I am pretty excited about the PMR 30 and I would not mind getting an SU16. MY wife is gonna kill me.

6. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

Rut-row! We've seen this before, all too often. I have an RFB jones I'm getting ready to indulge $$$ and I STILL want a PMR-30, apparently like half of the civilized world.

It's called the Kel-Tec addiction. Betcha can't shoot just one.

PS - The SU-16 is sweeeeeeeeet.  [smiley=evil.gif]

PPS - WELCOME TO KTOG, akajimmy!

7. remf

remf New Member

Feb 20, 2006

jimmy - if your wife kills you - can I have your watch? :D

8. akajimmy

akajimmy New Member

May 4, 2010

Rut-row! We've seen this before, all too often. I have an RFB jones I'm getting ready to indulge $$$ and I STILL want a PMR-30, apparently like half of the civilized world.

It's called the Kel-Tec addiction. Betcha can't shoot just one.

PS - The SU-16 is sweeeeeeeeet.  [smiley=evil.gif]

PPS - WELCOME TO KTOG, akajimmy!
    [/quote]
    You are not helping me at all ;D

9. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY

Did you want GunBroker links? :D