New RFB but it won't fire

Discussion in 'RFB High Efficiency Rifle' started by Booth, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Booth

Booth Member

Jul 20, 2020
    I recently purchased an RFB and went to shoot it this weekend, only when I pulled the trigger, it did not fire. However, if I pull the trigger with an empty chamber, the hammer hits and it fires. As soon as a bullet gets placed in the chamber, nothing happens and I have been unable to pin down why (my only guess is the safety, for whatever reasoning, is not disengaging properly).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I wanted to try and see if there was just something I was missing before I contacted Kel-Tec and started that whole process.

2. KwiKwi

KwiKwi Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Is your bolt not locking forward when you chamber a round? It sounds like the rounds are getting stuck in the chamber and preventing the bolt from fully seating forward, so maybe try cleaning out the chamber and pushing the bolt handle forward when chambering.

Booth likes this.

3. rb288

rb288 Active Member

Mar 25, 2012
    One question.....
    When you say it doesn't fire with a round in the chamber, do you mean the hammer doesn't fall, or the hammer falls, but doesn't fire the round?
    If the hammer falls, but, doesn't fire the round, is there a mark on the primer, or not, as in light, or no, primer strikes?

Booth likes this.
  4. Booth

Booth Member

Jul 20, 2020
    The hammer doesn't fall at all when a round is chambered, but when there is no round, the hammer falls. Therefore, no mark on the primer at any circumstance.

5. KwiKwi

KwiKwi Member

Jun 27, 2020
    I think this is your bolt just not going into battery. I'd recommend checking that the chamber isn't obstructed and is clean.

Booth and odinforever2000 like this.
  6. rb288

rb288 Active Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Ok, first thought.
    The bolt is not going fully into battery.
    Make sure you are not riding the charging handle, i.e. pull it all the way back, then let it go, let it slam forward.
    Don't keep hold of it as it moves forward.
    If it still won't fire, contact KelTec.

Lvwarrior and Booth like this.
  7. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Just get a hold of Kel tec. At best you have something left in the chamber from manufacturing, excessive parkarizing overspray? You could also have a chamber that is cut out of specs, not good. You payed good money for that gun let them sort it out.
    One other thought ammo? You’re not using that steel cased Russian crap are you?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  8. Booth

Booth Member

Jul 20, 2020
    It seems as if that is the issue - I spent a couple of hours last night cleaning and eventually I was able to lube it up enough for the bolt to fall all the way forward. Seems like it was just dry, but we’ll see if it actually fires next time I go to the range. Thanks for the help!

9. Lvwarrior

Lvwarrior Member

Jun 23, 2020
    Don't be gentle when you release the charging handle. I had the same first experience but my shooting partner gave me the pointer.
    Pull it back & just let go so it can chamber the round.