New RDB on the way... And I have some questions.

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by Armoreason, Dec 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Armoreason

Armoreason Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Oregon
    Hey all,

Ordered a brand new RDB a couple days ago, and in the waiting period, I'm trying to take advantage of the year's remaining sales and get all the accessories now.

I was hoping your collective experience could help me out.

Here goes:

1: AFG or AFG 2 ? I had an RFB and it had an AFG 2, but the original is a bit larger, and I have big hands, do they fit on the RFB? I don't seem to see them in photos, just the 2.

2: how do folks like the D60 drum mag in the RDB, if you've tried it. It looks like a good fit. And the weight would seem much less awkward I assume because of the location.

3: Anyone running the MBUS pro offset sights? If so, how do you like them? I feel like if I'm going to get some from the get-go, I might as well get ones that won't interfere with any other optics I may get.

I'm sure I have more questions, but that's enough for now. Any input is appreciated,

Thanks!

2. Gooman18

Gooman18 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017

Ill try to help.

1) I have a knockoff AFG and it fits just fine. No idea if it's modeled after the 1 or 2 though so I can't answer specifically. The AFG is the best option in my opinion. I've tried an AFG, the kinesthetic grip from BCM and a standard BY.

2) The D60 fits and works great in my RDB, though it is a little awkward due to its location and it's relative bulk. It's kind of in the way of where I would prefer to slot my arm. It kinda hits my wrist/forearm. Not a big deal by any stretch but worth noting I think.

3) I have no experience with BUIS of any type on my RDB so I can't comment, sorry.

3. st381

st381 Member

Feb 9, 2016
  4. MarkCO

MarkCO Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Colorado
    Mine is primarily used as a suppressor host now and has a little over 4K rounds on it. I have a Crimson Trace Railmaster Pro (white light and laser) on the front of the HG which provides me a stop, and AFGs are not my normal hand position, so I don't like or use one, sorry on that one.

I much prefer a 40 round mag to the D60. I find I do make contact with the drum while shooting and running courses, so I do not use it.

I don't use BUIS and really don't like offset sights at all. I used to when the LPVs were not as good, but I see no benefit in them at all except to get snagged and hung up on stuff. My MTAC has an etched reticle and with the laser, I have two sighting systems anyways.

Do consider removing the front three rails screws, degreasing, locktite and reinstall. That was a pain on mine until I loctited them.

2017-07-31 12.13.16.jpg

Liberty4Ever likes this.
  5. Znutar

Znutar Member

Sep 10, 2017
    +1 to the handguard...way better than the plastic and Keltec will be offering something similar in the future when they release their tactical model. I used fixed offset sights (Ozark from Amazon...cheap but effective)

6. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    1. The best AFG I ever felt is the one from stark
    2. I have the D60. After you load the thing once, you wonder what you were thinking. Two 30 round mags weighs less and easier to load. Save yor $$. My fav mag is a 20 round pmag.
    3. I want those too but they gotta come down.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2017
    No AFG for me, but I have considered one. D60 is time consuming to load, but fun at the range. It totaly works in the RDB, but my right arm also bumps out a little while rubbing against it. Makes manipulating the safety hard for me as I have short fingers and the angle it puts my arm/wrist at is not right. Red dot and magnifier for me. I currently don't have any BUIS on it as I too have had problems with the top rail loosening up a lot. I tried blue locktite last time, and that didn't work. I just put red on and will see if that will fix it.

8. Znutar

Znutar Member

Sep 10, 2017
  9. Armoreason

Armoreason Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Oregon
    I really appreciate all the feedback, folks. Sadly... I won't be testing my new rifle with anything just yet. It arrived yesterday, and after a couple dry-runs through the functions, with snap-caps, the gun broke :( needless to say I'm bummed, but trying to be optimistic. Malfunction in separate thread.

10. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
  11. Armoreason

Armoreason Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Oregon
  12. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
    I really want to love this rifle and many folks have thousands of rounds on theirs. But this failure is a new one that is the 19th nail in a 20 nail coffin for this rifle as my SHTF go to. Too many parts in a plastic frame. Im playing with T91s now, having issues there also, but nothing a chambering cant fix.
    I have more confidence with my SU16C and its a joy to carry.

Armoreason likes this.
  13. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Too many small parts not manufactured to perfect spec with tolerances that don't lend itself to that I think is to blame. It's a fun rifle, and with some tweaks in design might fit The bill for SHTF. Currently no though. I'm close to having all my issues worked out, but nothing beats an AR in America for availability and ease of changing parts with proper manufacturing and tolerances for SHTF.

iamscottasus and Armoreason like this.