Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my PMR30 this week. Only waited for 15 months to get it. Everyone else ahead of me on the local list gave up. Their loss.

I'm not a big short gun guy (Spent all my youth and adult life with rifles and shotguns) but I really like this little piece. Loaded it with CCI ammo and set-up a home made paper target just to get a feel. No miss-feeds or problems. Put 16 out of the first 20 rounds in a 4x6" target at 15yards. Since I'm no pistol shot I was very happy with that.

This thing light and fits my small hands. I think I'm going to really enjoy this gun. The only problem is how many $$$'s in ammo I'll consume.

·
Registered
63 Posts
$#$$$ ammo

Your right, forget the kids college money, let them earn it by working for it.
You will need a loan just to keep you in ammo, Hornady cd, speer GoldDots, Federal andCCi tnts. To keep you happy, about 1000 rd a month.
#### You have to keep a smile and your PMR30 warm, So you cant have to much ammo.:):):):D:D.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. This is going to be an addiction. My single 6 Just didn't seem to eat ammo like the PMR. Just ordered 500rds of Hornady Critical Defense 45gr.

·
Registered
63 Posts
new owner

I have a ruger single six that my dad got for me in 1963. I have a rem 513 t that shoots very tight groops, but after 6 mo of fun with the pmr30,I wat a mag reserch semi .22wmr rifle. Well now have to have more ammo.
I just had a idea, why dont we all get together and buy in bulk, say 50000 rounds and maybe get it for a lot less?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hornady CD is a great round in my PMR, very accurate. I like it better than the Gold Dot SD.

Have you seen the review/photo and story in American Handgnner titled "The Caliber Myth". check out the gelatin test with heavy clothing penetration.. the lowly .22 mag from a 2" NAA mini revolver.. seems to me that a 4" PMR would enhance the performance even more.

and then think about the RMR package!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I've finally picked up my first Kel-Tec handgun. Since purchasing my PMR-30 and putting 350 rounds down range. I've had only one issue that I can confidently say was not operator error. I had one round blow the rim end out. At first I thought it had been struck and fired before chambering. But I think it may have been an issue with the round. After clearing that I had no further issues except learning how to cram 25 rounds in to a brand new mag. I haven't tried to go with 30 because the spring is tight and due to the boxes of ammo quantity is 50. Since I've owned it I've already purchased 2 extra mags. I'm looking into a optics rail mount and a slip on grip (I think the plastic is a little slick). Love it. Love it. Love it. Glad I spent the extra money to pick up this hard to get handgun.

Thanks,
Jim Proud PMR-30 Owner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts