New pistol

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by surfrider007, Jul 11, 2008.

1. surfrider007

surfrider007 New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    One of my co-workers got mugged yesterday as she left for lunch so I bought a P-3AT on the way home last night. Took it to the range and ran 100rds of WWB through it with no failures whatsoever (and I didnt even clean it before hand). I had a hard chrome P-40 a couple years ago, but got rid of it for a couple of reasons (jamming, painful, just didn't use it), but I am definately pleased with this pistol, and this is coming from a die hard HK collector. While I carry an HK everyday, I usually leave it locked up when I go to lunch, but after yesterday I decided I needed something on me 100% of the time. I will admit I was a little skeptical before the purchase and all the way up until I left the range due to previous issues with the P-40, but if this range session is any indication of improvements made by Kel-tec, I am going to be a satisfied customer.

2. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    Well, as a BUG, the 3AT is a great little gun IMHO.  I usually carry a .45 as a primary though.  Why do you leave the HK locked up?  Just curious here and I will probably get yelled at now so feel free to ignore the question.

I have either my USP Compact or my Ruger P345 as the gun that I put on for main carry with the Ruger being the main carry piece.  I love H&K a well and have a large collection of them but find them a bit bulky for concealing unfortunately.

The little P3AT is a great little gun and if you treat it right, will serve you well for years.  I do suggest you read up on the Fluff and Buff and see if it is something you might want to try.  I know it improved my P3AT and my P-40, P11, and all of my Kel-Tec and most other autos a tremendous amount.  It increases the reliability and it makes the gun smoother feeling in use and just a lot better handling.

You are right though, a little 3AT is a lot easier to keep with you all the time than a bigger gun.  It is better to have the 3AT than nothing too.  I would also try hard to be as aware of my ability to avoid as I am my ability to defend myself.  I always get into trouble saying this, I am not saying that you are out seeking trouble, OK?   :)

3. surfrider007

surfrider007 New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    "Why do I leave the HK locked up"

As you said, the HK's can get bulky, and mainly it is just laziness on my part.

4. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the board..

John

5. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Actually, my prefered carry weapon is a 12 ga shotgun with an 18" barrel and 8 rnd magazine ;D. The reason I like the P3AT is that I can carry it without being aware at evey minute that I'm carrying it. Bigger heavier guns are probably easier to deal with if you are big fella, but for me, even my PPK-S was a bother. The little KT is just a joy to pack.

6. Forge

Forge New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Git er done!