Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first was concerned about this pistol because of the mixed reviews I read online. However, like any other brand, most folks who post are the minority who have issues. I was a former gun snob, but after handling many of the other pocket pistols and testing them out at me local range, this one felt the best and I really liked the trigger. You really won't find a pocket 9mm these days, that doesn't have mixed reviews, and purchased my first Keltec, a PF9 from JimmyJohnsGuns in hardchrome, with the northwood trigger installed. He cerakoted the mag release and the trigger black, so it looks like a stock pistol. It is so comfortable to carry IWB and in the pocket.

Now for the range; although I haven't tried any 147gr, which I usually carry in my PPQ and G19, I did try 124gr HST and 115gr old school Hi-shok. I also ran 115gr Federal FMJ from Walmart. I put 100rds through all flawless. I only shot at 10 and 20ft and could not believe the accuracy. The trigger felt great as well. My range allows rapid fire, and it ran perfect, and I did no fluff and buff. I only cleaned and lubed it. I cleaned and lubed certain parts with Ballistol and the rails and barrel with tetra grease. Recoil was minimal, it was there but exceeded my expectations for a gun that small. I could have shot another 100 through no problem. It was much more pleasurable to shoot than my LCR.

Anyways, I have been a lurker here for years, and am glad I pulled the trigger. This will be a great addition to my summer carry lineup. I highly recommend this pistol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same here wanted something i could carry easy as im not a very big guy. Didnt do a fluff and buff brought it home cleaned it oiled it up and ran 100 rounds flawlessly. Recoil didnt seem any more than my 40cal. So far very happy with this liitle pistol would like to run atleast another 100 rounds then some SD ammo. Also really like Lucas gun oil it really keeps the the internal working parts slicker than snot :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is great to hear from a "former gun snob". You obviously were open to new information and came up with a good choice that didn't include additional dollars for snob appeal.

Welcome.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I first was concerned about this pistol because of the mixed reviews I read online. However, like any other brand, most folks who post are the minority who have issues. I was a former gun snob, but after handling many of the other pocket pistols and testing them out at me local range, this one felt the best and I really liked the trigger. You really won't find a pocket 9mm these days, that doesn't have mixed reviews, and purchased my first Keltec, a PF9 from JimmyJohnsGuns in hardchrome, with the northwood trigger installed. He cerakoted the mag release and the trigger black, so it looks like a stock pistol. It is so comfortable to carry IWB and in the pocket.

Now for the range; although I haven't tried any 147gr, which I usually carry in my PPQ and G19, I did try 124gr HST and 115gr old school Hi-shok. I also ran 115gr Federal FMJ from Walmart. I put 100rds through all flawless. I only shot at 10 and 20ft and could not believe the accuracy. The trigger felt great as well. My range allows rapid fire, and it ran perfect, and I did no fluff and buff. I only cleaned and lubed it. I cleaned and lubed certain parts with Ballistol and the rails and barrel with tetra grease. Recoil was minimal, it was there but exceeded my expectations for a gun that small. I could have shot another 100 through no problem. It was much more pleasurable to shoot than my LCR.

Anyways, I have been a lurker here for years, and am glad I pulled the trigger. This will be a great addition to my summer carry lineup. I highly recommend this pistol.
Welcome, I carry 147's in mine and they work great. Once you get settled in with it, I highly recomend the Pops trigger upgrad, If you think it is fun to shoot, try one of them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, I carry 147's in mine and they work great. Once you get settled in with it, I highly recomend the Pops trigger upgrad, If you think it is fun to shoot, try one of them.
That is promising that 147gr run smooth through yours I will try soon. I am told the Northwood trigger and Pops trigger are one in the same. I would have liked a bit of a shorter pull and reset but it is a small carry gun and am happy with the trigger. I mean have seen a lot worse and will keep it for sure. It was definitely comfortable and smooth enough to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts