Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG just had the worst 2 days of my life. Thursday I had purchased a new Kel-Tec PF9 9mm and the next day. I was pulled over for a traffic ticket I had the gun in the back seat unloaded just like it was I had never even got to shoot the firearm yet! So when the officer ran the serial numbers it came back stolen from Vancouver Washington but I had bought the gun brand new from the factory but since it came bck as stolen we all know what happened after that I am now as of now a felon Intel I can prove I had no knowledge of the gun being stolen upon Purchasing the gun but now I need a lot of ideas and a lot of good support on what do I do now I have the receipts with my name and ownership of the gun with its serial number on it straight from the gun shop I'm sure I can get video surveillance from the gun store showing did parts of it and I'm sure I can get a copy of my federal firearms application from the gun store but how does a gun store go about selling a stolen gun that is supposedly already stolen to someone and why didn't the federal firearms application once filled out and submitted did it not pick up that the gun and was stolen then so now I have knowing lost my gun will probably lose all of my other guns and not be able to get a new gun it in the future but on top of it I am a nurse with a medical license so therefore I lose my medical license my job in my career if you have any ideas of how to help I've got an idea please feel free to say whatever you want thank you

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Obviously they didn't arrest you. Once you show the receipt the police's attention should be directed toward the gunshop. If it was indeed a factory new gun, it is likely that the serial number from the stolen gun was reported incorrectly. You should get the gun back, eventually.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Obviously they didn't arrest you. Once you show the receipt the police's attention should be directed toward the gunshop. If it was indeed a factory new gun, it is likely that the serial number from the stolen gun was reported incorrectly. You should get the gun back, eventually.
Ditto. Plus, I will go one step further. Your whole post is a wild rant. You have a receipt, so no problem. You are not a felon until convicted. If it is in fact stolen (probably not), you can sue the gunshop for multiple damages (I venture they will make a sweet offer to avoid that). Relax.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Statistics can be confusing....but 9 out of 10 people have no idea what " mirin" means.

Including me.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Statistics can be confusing....but 9 out of 10 people have no idea what " mirin" means.

Including me.
Lazy slang for admiring. Sort of like "whats up" became "wassup", and now it's ('sup?)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
This whole post sounds somewhat hysterical, and makes little or no sense. You say the police officer who stopped you for some sort of traffic violation, then found your new PF-9 in the back seat, and for some unstated reason, ran a check on its serial number? And came up with the answer that it was a stolen weapon? Yet you apparently were not arrested, or even detained by the police for having stolen goods? But somehow, you think you are now a felon. FYI, you can not be a felon unless tried and convicted of a crime first. And you say you had a receipt for the purchase of the weapon from an FFL dealer. If these facts are so, then there would never be a question, since the receipt would list serial number, store it was purchased, etc. And that dealer would have the 4473s in his log book to show source of the pistol, and the the subsequent sale to you. Hence, no issue, if in fact it was a legitimate FFl dealer. If your story is so, the first thing you should be doing would be contacting a lawyer, not posting here on gun forum which can do nothing for you.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Sometimes guns are reported wrong and sometimes there are issues like a crate gets stolen and yours shipped but it got lumped in with the stolen crate because they didn't know if it shipped or vanished and as others said you can probably relax and show your paperwork what bothers me though is why the cop ran the numbers they never do that they just look at your carry permit and move on unless they think you broke a law what caused them to suspect you enough to do that I wonder doesn't matter but my curiosity is aroused

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
That is the longest sentence I've ever read. Actually, I couldn't read it, I got lost in what you were trying to say, and I gave up after about three lines without a punctuation mark in sight...

So when the officer ran the serial numbers it came back stolen from Vancouver Washington but I had bought the gun brand new from the factory but since it came bck as stolen we all know what happened after that I am now as of now a felon Intel I can prove I had no knowledge of the gun being stolen upon Purchasing the gun but now I need a lot of ideas and a lot of good support on what do I do now I have the receipts with my name and ownership of the gun with its serial number on it straight from the gun shop I'm sure I can get video surveillance from the gun store showing did parts of it and I'm sure I can get a copy of my federal firearms application from the gun store but how does a gun store go about selling a stolen gun that is supposedly already stolen to someone and why didn't the federal firearms application once filled out and submitted did it not pick up that the gun and was stolen then so now I have knowing lost my gun will probably lose all of my other guns and not be able to get a new gun it in the future but on top of it I am a nurse with a medical license so therefore I lose my medical license my job in my career if you have any ideas of how to help I've got an idea please feel free to say whatever you want thank you

·
Registered
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
what bothers me though is why the cop ran the numbers they never do that
Could be any number of reasons...cop might still be in field training, and his training officer wanted him to get the experience, or he took a stolen gun report a month ago for a PF-9 and remembered the model, but not the serial number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is the longest sentence I've ever read. Actually, I couldn't read it, I got lost in what you were trying to say, and I gave up after about three lines without a punctuation mark in sight...
Haertig, recommend you take your evidence to your local LEO and ask for assistance. Better to take action to resolve this, than wait and get caught up in something. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Haertig, recommend you take your evidence to your local LEO and ask for assistance. Better to take action to resolve this, than wait and get caught up in something. Good Luck
Shoots, the OP was Clifton612, not Haertig. Haertig was just commenting he could not read the whole run on, unpunctuated post.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Oh. I had just printed out the sentence and was headed over to my local police station to report it.

Nevermind. :eek:

shoots said:
Shoots, the OP was Clifton612, not Haertig. Haertig was just commenting he could not read the whole run on, unpunctuated post.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Oh. I had just printed out the sentence and was headed over to my local police station to report it.

Whatever made you think your local LEOs could read that "sentence" any better than you could?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts

Now that was funny!

To the OP: They just wanted a chance to shoot it:p.
You should consider that high praise for your taste in guns:D.
If they actually thought it was stolen, you'd still be inside trying to make bond:eek:.

Relax. It'll be well broken-in when you get it back:rolleyes:.

p.s. we're taking up a collection to buy you some punctuation marks;).

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Let's eat, Grandma. Let's eat Grandma.

PUNCTUATION MATTERS.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Foul language removed...please read our rules:

I. KEEP IT NICE: Discussion needs to be respectful and civil in order to keep this a place where constructive information can be shared. Be tolerant of opposing opinions. Address the issues and do not engage in personal attacks. Do not call someone out to berate their point of view. See paragraph III B for further elaboration which applies to all posting on this forum.

II. KEEP IT CLEAN: Foul language generally insults the user's own intelligence more than it insults anyone else. Disagreement is fine, as long as it remains respectful of the rest of the membership. KTOG members come from a variety of backgrounds with varying standards for language and behavior. While other forums may allow considerable latitude in word choice, we do not strive to be “other forums”. Our standards are established so that no one here should feel offended or be uncomfortable with someone else’s language. If you wouldn’t say something in front of your mother or your children, don’t say it here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.