New Park 3AT for $229

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Flight_Chief, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    A local gun store had the blue Kel Tech 380 on sale for $229. When he ran out of the blue pistols, he decided to keep on selling and maintained the sale price for the parkerized version. Originally, I wanted a hard chrome like my PF-9 but this parkerized finish seems to be very practical and if it is like my parkerized 1911, it will do very well inside my pocket holster for a long time. I wonder how long this finish has been offered and how well it holds up to daily wear in a pocket holster?

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wow! Great price.

I have a blued and a HC, sorry but I've no experience with park finishes.

3. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Chief, could you put up a pic of that baby? I've never seen one or even a decent pic of one.
    Great sale at Impact Guns right now - 12/09, blued - $219, chrome $249. Parked are $279, not on sale.

4. litenlarry

litenlarry Member

Sep 4, 2007
    MO, south of KC..
    I have a Parked P3AT...I was really not happy with the finish on mine..It has some "shiney" spot's on the top of the receiver..No biggie, just not a pristine parkerizing job..Oh yeah, mine was new..

5. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Would be glad to send a digital photo but don't have a clue how to post on this forum. What's the secret?

6. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    It's kind of a pain in the *** if you've never done it before. Many forums are now using this type of procedure to get a pic up so it's worth going through the hassles if you've got some stuff to show off or better show a problem you're having with a firearm. I use Photobucket. Once you get it setup, it's pretty easy. Info here:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1115586716

My beat up old girl:

[​IMG]

7. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
  8. Aldaytona

Aldaytona New Member

Feb 17, 2007
    I just bought one of those $229 parkerized P3ATs. Took it apart and cosmolined the slide, cleaned up the feed ramp just a little, wiped it all down, and off to the range this morning. Fired 25 Independant fmj and 25 PMC fmj with no failures/issues. Loaded and shot 1 magazine of Hornady Critical Defense with the same result. What a great piece. Cleaned it up this afternoon, loaded more Hornadys and will carry it tomorrow.
    Did notice the springs were tweeked/bent after 56 rounds, but my S&W 22 target spring does that too. Guess that's OK.
    BTW did I mention the great holster I got when I bought the P3AT? It's a wallet w/zipper @ walletholsters.com. My dealer in Edgewater is the exclusive distributor for them.

9. Represent316

Represent316 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Nice score for the park P3AT. At that price, I probably would left the shop with one in each hand, And a smile on my face.

I need to get my hands on this Hornady CD i keep hearing about. The hornady 90gr "XTP" .380 has left a bad taste in my mouth. Just looking across the back of the brass i could see inconsistancy. Then come range time, I couldnt cycle ten without FTExtract [I blame on ammo, Went right back to shooting other brands without a hiccup.]. when i get another 2-300 rounds down to tube, i may try it again but for now its going to the back of the shelf.

Whatd ya pay for the holster? Ive been eyeing them, due to the zipper.

10. Aldaytona

Aldaytona New Member

Feb 17, 2007
    I paid the full retail price $60 for the holster. This is the only one like it and the quality is outstanding. Did I mention that this brand holster unscrews at the bottom and the actual holster comes apart from the "wallet" part and becomes a front pocket holster? So in fact you actually get 2 quality hand made holsters for the price of one.
    I used it yesterday and in the pocket of the jeans I wore, without the "zipper" flap, the gun could have been seen by anyone standing behind me, had they been eyeing the pocket. With deeper pockets, it's no issue.
    BTW, the flap stayed in place all day.
    I'm happy, they hooked me up on the Kel Tec, great advise on the ammo, and did a demo on the holster.

New P 3AT $229.
    Wallet holster $60.
    Hornady CD $20.
    All items work as advertised.............priceless

11. raudi

raudi New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I think CDNN was also selling them for $229. They mentioned it last week when I called for a PF-9

12. bindingposts

bindingposts New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    CTD is the lowest price that I have found online, but they are out of stock on the ones I want.