new p3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rush81, Nov 15, 2007.

1. rush81

rush81 New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    I just bought my first P3-AT Tuesday. First thing I noticed when I got home was that the magazine wouldn't seat properly when loaded. I really had to force it in to get it to click. So I brought it back and the store gave me a different magazine that sits just fine. Also when I pull the slide back, to rack a round, if I don't do it fast enough the bullet will get stuck on the casing and freeze the slide up half cocked. Anybody else have this problem? I haven't gotten to the round yet (hopefully tonight) but I hope these are the only problems I have with this gun. Other than that I love this little thing.

-justin

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Welcome. I am relativley new also. Just read the posts conserning F & B and do what you can in that respect. It should all work out well. I have had problems at first also but with the help of these members inputs it has all worked out good. There is a lot of knowlege here. I've had my P3 for 2 to 3 months and could not be happier. Hopefully you will be the same.  Good Luck.  ;)

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG, I hope this was the worst of your breakin experance

as for the magazine, sounds like the spring was not seated in the base plate or the inside edges of follower had some flash. You Might have the same problem IF you clean your magazine. A check is to load 6 rounds and then you should be able to push the top round down so that the rim is not visible from back of magazine AND do so smoothly. If you feel a popping, that is the spring coils jumping as the follower goes to base.

Now for the round not loading if you gently release the slide, but ok if done fast. I don't know, that might be a problem if you are using some slow bullets. I would suggest you only use some that will recoil the slide fast ;)

again welcome and good luck at the range

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.

-Scott

6. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Welcome to the Group. Hopefully after a little F&B and some TLC, you`ll come to love your new baby as much as we all do ours. :cool: