New P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tbranch, Dec 14, 2007.

1. tbranch

tbranch New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Greetings,

I purchased a new P3AT today.  Got it home and took it down to clean.  After reading about the ejector, I was very careful when breaking it down.  There was no ejector.  Perhaps it was left out at the factory or taken out at the gun shop.  I'll have to call home to FL and see if mine found it's way back.  Figure I'll order a couple so I'll have some spares. I did find some plastic filings.  Cleaned out all the heavy gunk with Break Free Cleaner and relubed with Break-Free.  It operates much smoother now.

I don't plan on shooting this often.  Just enough to break it in and then I'll load it with some Magtech Guardian Gold +P JHPs for use as a daily carry weapon.  The Bersa was just too large to hide in most of my dress clothes.

Any other parts I should order while I'm at it?  Anything else I should know about the P3AT?

Thanks!

Tom

2. Jim_Young

Jim_Young New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    My ejector was missing too. Give 'em a call and they'll send you one for free. I used a bit of gasket adhesive to secure mine to the frame. I'd say to get an extra spring while you've got them on the phone but if you're not going to fire it much you probably won't need one.

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Someone at the gun shop probably disassembled your P3AT and lost #115.  Call service for a free replacement.  Parts will sell you one.  I'm sure MGG "+P" (there is no +P in 380) is fine.  FWIW, Corbon DPX was developed around the P3AT and has proven to be a top performer in 380 acp JHP.  YMMV. Welcome to ktog. :cool:

4. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL

You can do that?!?

5. Jim_Young

Jim_Young New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    [/quote]

You can do that?!?[/quote]

Worked for me. I just did it a few weeks ago but have ran a few dozen rounds through it since then....all well.

6. tbranch

tbranch New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Thanks for the responses.

"...there is no +P in 380". I've used Federal Hydrashocks in the past. The box of MGG is labeled "380 Auto+P 85 Gr JHP". What's the "+P" designation?

Tom

7. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome. Give us a range report after you have fired your pocket rocket.

wyo-man

8. tbranch

tbranch New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Called the service department and my missing part is on the way. Nice folks--no problems, just asked for my mailing address and said they would get it out today.

Tom

9. jocko

jocko Guest

it is there to "suck" u into buying it. Trust us, THERE IS NO +P380 ROUND.

10. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    SAAMI publishes standard chamber pressure levels and "+P" levels for calibers. For instance, regular 9mm Luger is a certain, defined pressure level; 9mm +P is a higher, defined pressure level. 9mm +P+ is NOT standardized--it basically means "higher pressure than +P", which could mean it's 100 PSI higher or 1000 PSI higher.

There is no +P standard for .380 ACP. Therefore, the same situation of 9mm +P+ applies to any rounds marked .380 ACP +P. They are higher pressure than regular .380, but there is no defined standard.

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I thought I saw where SAAMI defined +P when loaded to 100 to 109% of MAXIMUN standard.
    That would be 21500psi for 380acp
    I have never seen Corbon posted pressure loading, but reviews say it is loaded to the MAXIMUN. Some of their loads are greater than maximun and MUST be mark.
    So from a marketing view, 100% SAAMI could be sold as +P :-/

12. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
  13. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    from that list, the differance from MAXIMUM to MAXIMUN +P looks like <110%