New p3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jgower, Apr 22, 2010.

1. jgower

jgower New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I did a lite cleaning and went to the range. I shot 50 flawless rounds and am very happy with my purchase. My p11 has been flawless and I don't see any signs the p3at will be any different. I plan to shoot a couple boxes of carry ammo to see what I plan to use and then carry it I will. I have a lot of confidence in keltec products and believe they are the best bang for your buck.

jag

2. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the P3AT section of the bulletin board.  It's great  to hear that the P3AT is what you wanted.  The P3AT is a relaively simple design so that means that there is less to go wrong with it.  I have to agaree with you Kel-Tec does give you a lot of bang for buck. ;)

Best Wishes:

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Continued good luck with your new purchase!

So why is it you bought the P3AT? For pocket carry where your P11 would be just to big?

Take care...

4. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

I imagine the same reason I carry a  P-32/P3AT and carry the PF-9, ease of concealment.  The PF-9 as compact as it is just doesn't conceal as well as these small guys. I can speak from personal experience that sometimes on a date when you are being hugged that it amounts to an inadvertent pat down. ::)  The P-32/P3AT's were never discovered, I would not be so comfortable with a P-11 or PF-9 though I have carried the PF-9 all day in a IWB holster and been very comfortable.  The P-32 is so much more easy to carry than the PF-9 though and the P3AT is almost as easy as the P-32.  I just carry different pistols for different situations. ;)

Best Regards: :cool:

5. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    My normal carry is a P11 w/belt clip, IWB, with shirt tail out. I wear an undershirt and my suspenders under the outside shirt. In the summer, I don't wear an undershirt, and the suspenders tend to stick to my skin, so shirt tail in, suspenders on top. The P3AT in the pocket is the perfect fashion accessory to my summer wardrobe.
    Life is short, be happy

6. jgower

jgower New Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The main reason I bought the p3at is for summer carry. In the cooler parts of the year I carry my p11, it also gave me another reason to buy another keltec.

jag

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Yes, it is so easy to carry & conceal the P3AT. Even when I carry my Glock 26 my P3AT can almost always be found in my front pocket.

Take care...

8. TheTomcat

TheTomcat New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Congrats I like mine too!

9. FLTF3

FLTF3 New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Tampa Bay Area, FL
    It's funny how wives usually don't understand the reasoning behind these purchases. And while my saving grace is that my wife thinks it's cool that I carry, I still am often accused of being over-diversified. I'm still in doubt (or perhaps denial) there is such a thing.

Congrats on the new P3AT. It's a great little gun.