New P3AT!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TheTomcat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. TheTomcat

TheTomcat New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Well, I took my PF9 in to get the slide duracoated and left with a new P3AT. I have been wanting to get one for a while and there it was. I ordered a wallet holster http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-Kel_Tek_wallet-1.htm that I saw at a gun show. Fits neatly in a blackhawk pocket holster in the back pocket of my jeans for now. It won't replace the PF9, but it will get it's use in the summer heat.

2. dgodfrey

dgodfrey New Member

Jan 14, 2010
    You will love the little gun. I actually shot 30 rounds through mine this morning. It's more accurate than you would think. Good luck. BTW thats an interesting holster. I would like to know how it shoots when you get it.

d

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey, best of luck with your P3AT. Now if Kel-Tec could/would have made the PF9 the same size we'd really have an awesome pocket pistol.

Take care...

4. TheTomcat

TheTomcat New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I seriously dont think I could handle a P3at in 9mm. The PF9 is bite enough. But im sure it will come. I think the next mini gun will be a .40. Guess well see.

5. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Kel Tec has been there and did that with the P-40 pistol in 40 S&W.  The 40 S&W version of the P-11 pistol proved to be too potent for many shooters, and the caliber never took off.  Kel-Tec discontined the P-40 and the conversion kits for the P-11 after several years.  I would doubt that they would do 40 S&W even in the PF-9, but who knows with good engineering?

Best Regards:

6. CDW4ME

CDW4ME New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    USA
    How do you like the PF9?
    Is it pocketable?
    Got any side by side pics. of the PF9 with the P3AT?

7. TheTomcat

TheTomcat New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    IMO the PF9 is not a pocket carry piece. The P3AT is. I bought a pocket holster for the PF9 but took it back after a week of trying it out. It printed too much (no I don't wear tight jeans) and was hard to get out of my pocket. Besides I use a Kholster and it not only disappears and is accessible but I forget I have it on sometimes. Almost walked into the courthouse with it once. As soon as I saw the metal detectors I remembered quick! That's one of the reasons I got the P3AT. I'm in commercial real estate and visit small town courthouses alot. It's alot easier to leave the smaller piece behind.

8. Jaxdave

Jaxdave New Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Load your PF9 with the proper ammo and you will have a similar stopping round.   ;)

IMHO the .40 is one of the most over hyped rounds in recent years, a watered down 10mm. I would love to see Kel-Tec come out with a .45acp in the PF platform [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I'd like to see a keltec double barrel .410 the size of the pf9. ;D

10. kt4me

kt4me New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Congrats on acquiring a REAL mouse gun.  I've been carrying a P-3AT as my primary for six years while my Beretta sits in the night strand.  In shorts and T it is the only gun that makes sense.

Your holster choice is cool but scares the crap out of me.  Anything that allows the possibility of something (like keys) getting hung up in the trigger which could create an ND on trying to extract the gun from the pocket to me is not worth the risk.  I want my trigger completely covered while still having great access.  For six years I've trusted the Guru (www.pocketholsters.com) and have never been disapponted.

11. TheTomcat

TheTomcat New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    I got thw wallet holster yesterday. Carried it all day today in my back pocket. It's great! No weight and functional. I left the pinky extender on the mag and it's completely secure in the holster. Going to the range tomorrow to fire it. I don't carry anything in the same pocket as my weapon so I'm not worried about anything touching the trigger. And as advertised it looks just like a wallet. I pitty the rogue who attempts aggression towards my funds!!!

12. David_S

David_S New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    that holster is shweeet. If it was just a few $$ cheaper I'd have to have one.