Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new P3AT. Took it to the range out of the box and shot 50 rounds (Independence 90 Gr. ball) with no malfunctions. Took it home, cleaned it and went the next day and fired 50 more rounds flawlessly.

I ordered and received 2 factory mags and loaded them. The springs were stiff as the last round was difficult to load in each of them. Note that the mag that came with the pistol was easy to load as the springs were not stiff at all.

When I fired rounds with the two other mags, I had a few FTE and one stovepipe on the last round. (I cleaned the pistol before firing)

I then went out another day with a cleaned pistol and fired 50 rounds with my original mag that came with the gun and had zero failures.

I am going to keep my new mags loaded for awhile to loosen the springs. Is the P3AT sensitive to mags with stiff springs?

Overall I have fired 250 rounds and have had zero malfunctions with the mag that came with the gun. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
you might want to take new mags apart and clean. when you put back together make sure the base spring retainer and spring loops fit and spring is installed to push follower up level.

the slide assembly pin fits into the magazine base detent very good and gives you something to help push base off. leaving pin in about 1/4" also stops the base from flying off when it lets go ;)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
msaltz said:
I am going to keep my new mags loaded for awhile to loosen the springs. Is the P3AT sensitive to mags with stiff springs?

Overall I have fired 250 rounds and have had zero malfunctions with the mag that came with the gun. Has anyone else experienced this?
My 1G P-3AT had a few problems the first outing on the first round of a new magazine. I worked the follower up & down with a ruler a couple of dozen times and had no problems after that. The spring just needed to be loosened up a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.