Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have been lurking for a bit and just purchased a new P3AT. HC w/grey body J77XX I have some questions and comments to make. First off it seems to be a Accurate little gun, I experiance 1 FTF due to the fact the magazine didn't seat properly, the mag relese really stinks. have to slap it home (is there a metal replacement available?) I need to shave off some plastic extra's if you know what I mean. Took it to the range and put 40 rem FMJ and 40 rem JHP shot great and was very managable. I have not seen any peening yet but this is a fear after what I have read on the forum. It is a tapered guide rod hole so I'm waiting.....what do you guys think about how thin walled the barrel is? and how can I clean the trigger action.....LOL I could go on and on.........any thoughts would be great

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
The mag catch will wear in quickly enough. Wearing out is more of an issue, especially if you smack it in. Many depress the catch BEFORE inserting. The catch is polymer, the mag tube cut out is sharp metal. To my knowlege, the "thinness of the barrel wall" has never been an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.