Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. My first post. Bought a new blued P3AT (sn:J3xxx) and wanted to share my experience.

Before going to the range, I opened 'er up to f&b, but I gotta say it was pretty sound and I really didn't need to do much other than clean and apply new oil.

The mag was stiff, and at first I couldn't insert it into the gun with 6 rounds. I took the mag apart but it looked fine. After working the spring a bit by loading/unloading 6 rounds, it started to perform as expected.

Took the new P3AT to the range and used my homespun loads (Berry's plated bullets, W231, CCI primers) that I use in another 380. I wasn't expecting much because my reading had led me to believe that getting a good P3AT was kinda hit and miss (pardon the pun). I'm happy to report that I put 43 rounds through it with no issues at all. It shoots about an inch right and high at ~12 yards, but it's was very consistent with nice tight groups. I'm very pleased.

So now I can start to invest in accessories. ;D
- J

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
jrshan said:
 It shoots about an inch right and high at ~12 yards, but it's was very consistent with nice tight groups. 
That's excellent. I usually shoot from 7 yards.
Welcome to KTOG! 8)

·
Registered
585 Posts
jocko said:
yup! 7 yards and under, my groups get much tighter the closer I get--humm ::)
Hey Jocko! You are a hoot! ;D

However, that is still great advice. Today was my wife's first real range session. It was a real ego booster because we shot at 7 yards and she hit the target! 8)

I am probably the only one more pleased than she is, partly because I now have a new shooting buddy.

One of the other ladies in attendance today told her she shot well enough that she should, "put the target on the refridgerator." ;D

TucsonMTB . . . who is raiding the 'fridge more carefully these days

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.