Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Just received my new P3AT that I'm considering for concealed carry.

I couldn't find what I wanted locally, so I bought through Gunbroker (DDSRanch) for
$230 + $15 shipping + $20 local FFL fee + $0 tax. I also bought two extra mag's from DDS for an extra $17.50 each.

So far I've done a fluff & buff, added the Bersa mag extenders, added an Agrip wrap, and put on some nightsighters dots.

Here are some pic's next to my Glock 23 .40 for size comparison.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed them on both the P3At and the G23 today. Haven't tried them out yet... Worst case I'll peel them off and throw them away, but just playing around and doing some practice aiming, they sure feel comfy and secure.

From what I've read, they are nearly perfect for a plastic grip on a pistol with a little bit of zip on the recoil. The complaint i've heard is that they wear out if you handle the gun a bunch (like every day for a year), but for $20, not exactly a big deal to replace them every 12 months...

·
Registered
49 Posts
It really is all about getting the most consistent and comfortable fit of this gun for YOUR hand.

A consistent grip means an easier, more natural point of aim, and nailing a strong POA is the best way to get enjoy every bit of the surprising accuracy this wee-gun possesses.

Hope you don't mind me horning in here a little:

Very similar to the thread starter's (same mag extension even), I installed a trimmed Houge Jr (glued in actually) with a thin slice of scrap neoprene gasket on the back strap underneath, AND THEN sprung for the Agrip from Brooks (a product I've always been fond of). I've got huge hands and the the baby palm swells on the inverted Houge Jr really work for me.

After about 1,000 rounds the Agrip taken on what I would call a "leathery" feel - suede-like. It's held up very well over the last two years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First day at the range...

Shot the P3AT for the first time today. 50 rounds, 1 FTE. Could have been a grip problem. I think I still need to work on my grip technique for such a little gun, as I was not getting the accuracy I hoped for. I'm pretty sure it's me, not the gun!

Any advice on shooting technique for a P3AT / large hands combo? I know about putting on fatter grips, but since the main purpose is a very concealable pocket gun, I'm not anxious to make the gun bigger.

As for the Agrip, I can say on my Glock 23, it scores an A+. Softens the recoil just a tiny bit, but most importantly just locks your hand right onto the grip. Very effective for getting back on target for double or triple taps. I really liked it.

Since I had never shot the KT before I put the Agrip on, I can't really compare, but I imagine if I was having problems keeping a good grip on it *with* the Agrip, I would not have been a happy camper without the grip.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
adamsesq said:
Thanks PFB - you have convinced me to try the agrip on the g27 next week.  But I do have to admit, they are the ugliest thing I have ever seen.  But then how do you make a glock uglier?  

-Scott
This is how :eek:

I have seen the Agrip at the local LE Distributor, but am opting for a nice melt job on the Glock.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
pfb said:
First day at the range....I was not getting the accuracy I hoped for. ...
The best thing I found for accuracy is to shorten the distance to the target ;D 15 to 20 FEET is about it for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.