Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just bought a brand spankin' new P3AT.
Need to get myself a leather IWB for it, as well as a very small nylon fanny pack (primairly for cycling). Suggestions?
Also, suggestions on the absolute best feeding +P sd ammo for her?

G

·
dpx is the round for most, shoot good ammo for break in, get 100% reliability before going to some cheaper ammo for paper punching. rem. fmj, cci brass cased ammo, mag tech are all good ammo choices. U will ove ur new purchase, lube, shoot, clean, repeat ;D

G

·
rjhauser said:
:-/

is there +p .380?
not really, i think corbon tried to pass off some of their 380 as +p but my understanding is that there are no saami specs for 380 +P, so it is all hype IMO. anything to sell a product= +p rounds, close tolerances, deep blueing, fast cycling , ergonomic grip, combat sites, all mostly hype .. ::)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think jocko is correct about there not being a +P >380 round. Although, it seems like Cor-Bon does load them hot. There is a difference in felt recoil in shooting the regular Cor-Bon .380 vs the Gold Dot .380. At least I think I felt it.

Ron

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Plus one to all above. Corbon DPX is the best JHP round. If there WAS a +P spec, Santa Barbara would be it. Short of Santa Barbara (which is really hard to find these days) The American Eagle is a fairly hot FMJ round.

Here are some wetpack comparison tests you might want to look at:

Winter/Summer Wetpack Test:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1158537757

.22, .32, .380 and 9mm Wetpack Test:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1148670025

Packer.

G

·
ront said:
I think jocko is correct about there not being a +P >380 round. Although, it seems like Cor-Bon does load them hot. There is a difference in felt recoil in shooting the regular Cor-Bon .380 vs the Gold Dot .380. At least I think I felt it.

Ron
not sure that they load them hot, as maybe some load them alittle milder. I really never notice any recoil from any of the 380 rounds, as with my ported barrel and 13# wolff springs, this 380 is as pleasant as a 22 to shoot. With 4300 flawless rounds through my one 380, I can honestly say without a doubt that there is absolutely no wear on this weapon. It is so smooth in operation, that it is scarry 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got my spare mag and my mag extensions today.
Also wrote Kel-Tec a letter. Why in the hell don't they include a spare mag with the gun?

Anyways, let's talk holsters. Anyone know where I can get a fitted/custom leather IWB holster with a belt clip (instead of belt loops)? I want to be able to IWB in a bathing suit or shorts or something, but the unclemike's is a POS (of course)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked me up one of the SG P3AT in hard chrome and green for $249 here. Bought the clip and a spare mag. Can't agree more that it would be nice if KT included a spare mag but I also have to give them the nod on keeping a fine gun in a great price range. Will gladly pay the extra for the mag.

Let's hear your holster knowledge on this model!

G

·
thebrow. u bought a super nice peace at a very good price also. Try Ron Graham holsters.com. he makes some of the best, not cheap but top quality.just shoot it like u stole it ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree. We have a great shop here that has very good prices on most everything. Going through tactical pistol class all day tomorrow and will use the P3AT for a small portion of it to see what I can do with it.

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.