New p3at Owner!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by WhyNotFab, Nov 24, 2008.

1. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    My name's Ricky, I just purchased a p3at. Actually the first handgun I have ever owned, but I was looking for something small to start out with and my neighbor happened to have this one and gave me a great deal on it with an extra mag, belt clip and 75 rounds of ammo. I shot it at the range first and loved it.

I plan on buying the +1 mag extension for both of my mags, and possibly removing the belt clip and getting a nice holster instead.

The slide is blued/grip is gray. I may change the grip to black in the future.. been reading through the forums on options for that.

I'm going to pick up gun cleaning supplies soon, and also some sandpaper/small files to clean up the plastic molding edges and such that I read about.

Very happy with the gun so far!

Just figured I would introduce myself before posting anywhere else.

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG! Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it all?

:)

3. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    Paid $200 and he even let me pay $100 yesterday, $100 anytime before Christmas (but I'm paying next week). Only a couple months old and he hasn't put an extreme amount of rounds through it.. still has original case/trigger lock still in package/manual, and the bag the belt clip came in. The ammo is Georgia Arms G380B 90GR Gold Dot Hollow Point ($18.25 per 50) so I figured it up where if the ammo is worth $25-30, belt clip $12, extra mag $20-25, and with the p3at retailing anywhere from $250-$300.. that it was a good deal, especially for a first gun on a budget. I'm learning the basics even.. but already have been field stripping it for practice haha.

4. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forums..You definetly got a good deal from your neighbor...

John

5. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    You got a great deal there. Stick around here and you'll pickup a lot of valuable information. :)

6. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. You got a great deal...

7. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    Thanks everyone! I've already sat here for hours reading through old posts learning as much as I can lol.. Going to pick up some cleaning supplies and sandpaper after work later. I think I'm going to go with Corbon Powerball ammo to keep in the gun, but just for the range.. not sure yet. Of course I'll put a good bit of Powerball through it even for practice to see what it's like (but from all the reviews, I'm sure I'll be happy).. but after that I may just use FMJ since these hollow points do seem to snag a little.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. Any small auto I have ever had feeds rounded hollow point without problems. When ever I tried hollow points with a shoulder I had feed problems.

9. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG

Make sure to keep us informed to your thoughts and performance of the little gun. If you have problems with the p3at, there is a very good chance it can be resolved on this forum.

Good shooting
    CK

10. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard!

My wife got a 3AT before I did. Both of us carried Pow'rball first, until a full break in with corbon DPX.

Good luck and keep us posted!

11. KMVFD3407

KMVFD3407 New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    NE Alabama
    I got my P-3AT about 3 weeks ago. I have had handguns for 30 years, and was looking for something for concealed carry with a little more punch than my Baretta .25, and a bonus is the P-3AT is smaller and lighter. I like it so much tnat last week I bought a PF-9!

I carry either on my ankle or in a Bianchi 4501 pocket holster. I piked up the pinky extension for the magazine on eBay, and love it!

Looking forward to reading all the good info I have seen here!

12. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Congrats on a great little gun and welcome to the forums. If you intend to carry it you chose just about the easiest gun on the planet to start CCWing with. :cool:

13. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    I bought some adhesive targets for my next trip to the range.. also found out that my grandma is planning to get a dumptruck of dirt to dump on her land for us to practice shooting towards :) She has a few guns.. but I'm going to let her shoot my p3at. Also have a friend already interested in looking for a deal on one :) or maybe a kel tec 9mm.

14. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Dang you got a cool grandma! I think I have heard of her, she goes by the nickname Calamity?

15. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    LOL well when i asked what she shoots.. she said TURTLES ;D because she stocks her ponds with catfish and they eat them haha. but she has a few guns, the ones I know about are a few revolvers, a pink rifle, and im sure some shotguns and other hunting rifles because my grandpa hunted alot before he passed away. she also has a Mauser for sure.. I want to shoot that one..

16. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    Just put the pinky extensions on my mags, and they make the gun fit wayyy better in my hand.