New p3at owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by blakep11, Jul 21, 2010.

1. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I just ordered a parkerized p3at from Buds online gun shop it will be about 290 otd. It should be at my ffl on friday I cant wait to get it and some ammo to go shoot. My p11 feels a little bulky in my pocket. So I hope this little pistol works out well. Also the blueing on my p11 is not holding up too well in my pocket. If this little gun fits my needs I might just be getting my p11 duracoated maybe in a flat black to match its little brother.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    have you had the oppurtinty prior to handle the P3AT...If not, you are going to be surprised at how easy it is to carry

3. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I have handled a p32, p3at, tcp, and an lcp but i finally decided on the p3at it is much smaller and lighter than my p11 I am really looking forward to shooting and carrying this little gun.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The P3AT, IMHO, is a great pick. Good luck with yours.

5. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks If it does anywhere as good as my p11 I will be satisfied. I have had it for 8 months and it has been trouble free without any fluff and buff or other mods done. My first p11 had to be sent back through davidsons the online dealer I purchased it from, when I found a crack in the breech face by the firing pin hole. But all has gone well with this P11.

6. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    You're going to love the P3AT.

I bought the P32 first and liked it so well I bought the P3AT in hard chrome.
    I've run about 70 trouble free rounds through the P3AT so far. I could not make it malfunction. After another 200 rounds or so it's going to be my everyday CC gun and use the P32 for "special occasions".
    I'm just waiting on a Bear Creek Wallet holster and an OD green grip for it.

7. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Have fun with your new toy this weekend. The P3AT is a fun pistol to work, and I've enjoyed shooting it. The hard chrome version should need a bit less maintenance since its not as prone to rust.

Best Regards:

8. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I've been carrying my P3AT since April of this year. A great gun and no failures of any kind.

I back-pocket carry in a homemade pocket holster with anti-print panel. It feels wonderful.

My original carry was a Glock 27...heh, baby glock. Nothing baby about it. It wasn't bad, but my back wouldn't tolerate the pressure against it. The 3AT was just the ticket for EDC with my work dress code.

You will really enjoy yours. Of all the guns I've owned...it is the only one I can truly say "disappears" when I carry it. A true "concealed" carry piece.

9. blakep11

blakep11 New Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah after shooting this some this weekend with no failures at all by the way, I thought my p11 was a little gun but it feels huge now in comparison to the p3at. I am really looking forward to finish breaking this gun in and finding a nice pocket and ankle holster for it so it can become my edc. It might take a little while to break it in at 20 bucks a box of shells when you can find them it will be expensive after just buying a new gun.

10. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I've tried the Galco Ankle Glove. Very comfortable with the P3AT strapped in.

I found some .380 in a 100pack value pack for about $28...that's $14/50. Best price so far, but now I don't see it that cheap any more. That was at WalMart. My LGSs all think it's made out of gold and sell it for $20-25/50. Ridiculous.

11. gordon11

gordon11 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2007
    You will love the P3AT. Mine has become my 'always with me' gun. Adequate power in a small package.
    600+ rounds so far and I can't get a jam no matter what I do!

12. rich_60

rich_60 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Glad you are having such good luck out of the box. I've had mine a little over a year and it took a few trips back to KelTec to get a FTE problem worked out. Since the last trip it has been perfect! Now it is in my pocket almost all of the time. Got a nice formed holster and you can't even tell it's there

13. nick6753

nick6753 New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I love mine, no problems so far.

14. Two_Guns

Two_Guns New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    I have had my P3AT for well over 5 years and I love it.