New P3AT owner - smileys?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mr_camera_man, Apr 26, 2009.

1. mr_camera_man

mr_camera_man New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    It's funny when you search for "smiley", the search results show everyone that's ever put a smiley face in their post! :D

So I'm currently waiting out my 72 hours for my new P3AT. It's a brand new gun with a K prefix serial number. Now that I'm reading up, I'm seeing all sorts of posts pertaining to "smileys" caused by the top round in the mag smacking into the frame.

Is this something that I still need to be concerned about, or is this something that Kel-Tec resolved years ago? If I don't see it happening with ball, then would it be safe to assume it wouldn't happen with JHP either?

2. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Accualy they are being forced into the bottom of the feed ramp during chambering. I worked the feed ramp back with a dremel and a hand file also. It took a couple of cessions for me to do it but got it done. I only get a light indent now, so Iknow what I did helped quite a bit. I don't know that the factory has completly fixed the problem. Most feel that is not much of an issue. Good Luck. Tom :)

3. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
  4. mr_camera_man

mr_camera_man New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Picked it up last night, and I'm pleased to report that there weren't even the faintest hint of smileys with WWB. :)