new P3AT owner here

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kbish, Oct 2, 2008.

1. kbish

kbish New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I bought it new last week and finally took it to the range today. Was quite pleased with it. Put 100 rds of WWB through it with zero problems. I did a very light polish on the feed ramp and wiped it down before shooting it. Even took my girlfriend today (her first time shooting a pistol ever) and she put about 40 of those 100 rds downrange. Only other things I've done to it so far is a pinkie extension and a Hogue Handall Jr grip. One dislike though was the amount of travel for the trigger pull. I understand that there's no safety so it shouldn't be easy, but I prefer less distance to pull it.

2. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG from another newbie!   :cool:

Glad to hear you had a successful first time out (I didn't have that kind of luck, but hopefully now I've fixed my problem).

You'll find that this is a great place to learn about your new pistol with lots of helpful people here to answer your questions.

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

4. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Welcome kbish,

The trigger is the 2nd safety, the first is between the ears.

5. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Welcome to the forum!

Count yourself lucky to get the WWB. My local Wal-Mart hasn't had any for a year.

I'm jealous you have a girlfriend who will go shooting with you! ;)

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    kbish,

Welcome aboard!

It probably wouldn't be a good idea for your SD practice but for just regular range accuracy shooting you can learn to stage the P3AT trigger. There is, at least for both my P3ATs, a point where the feel of the pull "transitions" just a little before the hammer drops. If you're one who is not opposed to practice with snap caps you can cheaply and easily learn to stage your trigger at, what I'm calling, its "transition" point.

take care....

7. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcom to the forums. Just remember that if you want to practice with the trigger pull get some snap caps. Do not just dry fire. And remember also to clean and lube after shooting..

John

8. kbish

kbish New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    i know this, just still wish to decrease it a little bit.

was a bit mad. wanted the 100 rd "VALUE BOX" for $32 rather than buying 2 boxes of 50 rds for $20 each. just happened to have the sporting goods manager working the counter while i was there and she said she can't keep them in stock, mostly due to them only letting her order 3 boxes at a time. she said she orders the 100rd box as often as she can but can't get them quick enough

9. kbish

kbish New Member

Oct 2, 2008

just for the jealousy factor, here she is firing it.

[​IMG]

10. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    lucky. my cuter half doesn't like the P3AT. The most she can handle is the Sig P6.