New P3at owner/ejector awareness

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by fiddlesticks, Jul 12, 2011.

1. fiddlesticks

fiddlesticks New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I've had a P-11 for a few years now and decided to get a P3at for summer carry and to be honest, fulfill a need for a new toy. I've only had time to run two mags through the gun with one FTF per mag. I took it home removed the slide and gave it a good cleaning before continuing the break in period. I loaded a mag in the gun and went to rack a few rounds through (because it's a new toy, ya just have to do things like that with a new toy) and the bullets would not eject. Well, after reading the manual again I realized there was the ejector that was missing. The P-11 has a totally different ejector. after a minute or two of panic, I searched the basement floor and found the ejector and things seem to be cycling the way they should. So far I'm really liking this gun.

2. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    after several escapees, i opted for a drop of super glue....gary

3. fiddlesticks

fiddlesticks New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Super glue! Great idea. Thanks Gary.

Jon

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Happy you found it so easily. Over the years I've dropped the ejector a time or two but was able to find it right away. Hope your P3AT turns out to be everything you want it to be and more.

So the ejector doesn't have to move in order to do its thing? Why is it a separate piece?

Bill K.

5. Toney_D

Toney_D Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    First couple times i stripped mine down the ejector would'nt move, now it will drop right out. Haven't lost it yet. :)

6. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I put a bunch of gun grease on mine and now you can field strip it and hold it upside down and the ejector won't fall out.

7. musicman0766

musicman0766 New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Has the super glue held up?

8. fiddlesticks

fiddlesticks New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    So far I've put almost 75 rounds through the gun with only the previously mentioned FTF's and one FTE in the third mag then smooth sailing after that. I haven't cleaned it again yet, but, when I do I'll make sure to keep a close eye on the ejector. Both the super glue and grease seem like good ideas. Also a good question...

So the ejector doesn't have to move in order to do its thing? Why is it a separate piece?

Bill K.

I'm liking this gun a lot.

Jon

9. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    I think it is a seperate piece becuse it needs to be harder than the plasitc frame. That piece is the dreaded 115. You are lucky to have found it so easily. Many others have not. You get familiar with the gun and it is not a problem. I use grease, I'm all ready greasing the gun, and unlike super glue, I don't have a problem if I get grease where it doesn't need to be.
    Enjoy your new toy,
    Lop

10. RichardR

RichardR New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    When I receive my replacement ejector from Kel-Tec, I will try the grease approach. At least I have learned to watch for the ejector when disassembling.

11. rdemilt

rdemilt New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    I have to admit I too have been there and I came here looking for answers. Luckly for me I always spray and dry my guns out over a clean 5 gallon bucket, just in case something falls out. that habit paid off for me, when I went back to the bucket it was lying in the bottom. since that happened I use the grease trick.