Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new P3AT today. I have been following this forum for several weeks now trying to decide if I should go with a Kel Tec. I am and always have been a Glock person (own several), but as I get older and have tried several different methods, modes of carry, different guns and calibers, etc., I have realized that I just wanted a pocket gun. Sure it is great to have the .45 ACP, but when you just want something to clip on or put in a pocket (and not have to gear up like you are going on a SWAT raid), I have yet to see anything of such small size, weight, and concealability as this. I was going to wait for the Kahr P380 to come out, but well, I suppose I just didn't want to wait anymore.

I was concerned about some of the problems people were having with this gun and other Kel Tec models. For me to carry a firearm, I have to be 100% convinced that the gun will function flawlessly. My current plan is to read the manual thoroughly, clean the gun thoroughly, put about 200+ rounds through it, and post updates to this forum as I go. Since I just got it today, I have not done anything with it yet.

Any tips or suggestions anyone may have would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time. ;D

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you. You made rookie mistake numero uno and didn't post any pics but we'll let that slide for now ;) Let us know how it shoots or if you have any questions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
These are incredible little guns, the only thing about mine that bothers me is how often I forget that I'm carrying it, so I've found myself more than once having to leave an establishment and stash it in the car so I wouldn't be breaking the law.

(Like in the middle of a lapdance LOL)

I absolutely love mine, and I'm going to be buying another just so I can alternate range time on them - my little gal is just that much fun to shoot.  

Needless to say, around here you'll hear that you made a darned good choice of carry weapon; but you get a lot of guff elsewhere - and nothing steams me worse than to read on some other forums all sorts of negs by ppl who've never even shot one, and a LOT of which is just plain macho nonsense.

My best friend, a vietnam combat vet and a genuine 1911 .45 devotee is the one who got me to try a P3AT, and he told me what I've heard so many times by informed concealed-carriers afterwards:

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you"

You'll have no trouble keeping that P3AT on ya - maybe the contrary, takin it off!

Welcome to just about the best gun forum on the WWW!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.