New P3AT owner and member of KTOG from NC

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by NCKelTec, Jan 10, 2010.

1. NCKelTec

NCKelTec New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Hi all.

Not new to firearms (long and side) but am new to deep CC.

Well, after some exhaustive analysis of the 'newer' polymer pocket pistols I ended up buying a Kel-Tec.  Largely based on the support of you, the wonderfully knowlegable members here.  I just couldn't pass up the support of this group despite how 'cool' I thought the Ruger and Taurus are. (yes, I know the Ruger is a blatent copy at $50 more and the Taurus is too new to judge and larger).

Anyway, right now I'm just 'admiring' the form of the P3AT and I've got a stack loaded with high quality ammo (Remmington FMJ) to loosen up the magazine spring.  Although everything looks clean and smooth right out of the box, I plan to do a little clean up of the feed ramp and thorough cleaning and greasing/oiling before breaking her in.  I can't wait!

Thanks again for this wonderful site and you, the awesome members for being so willing to share and support each other and what appears to be a super pistol.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG...I think a cleaning and good lubing would be a good thing before rounds.

I'm also in NC (near intersection of I95/I40)

3. buckeyedave

buckeyedave Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Hey NCKelTec

New here myself and as a P3AT owner. I just put another 50 rounds through it yesterday for a total of 100 without a single jam. All I did was a little cleaning before the first shooting ( always clean after shooting ). I also got it for my CC gun.

NC, huh? Sunny and warm? We saw single digits up here in Cleveland Oh this morning. More coming too! Burrr!

take care
    Dave

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

Wouldn't hurt to do a lot of hand cycling before taking the gun out to shoot. Don't dry fire the gun unless you've got a snap cap chambered. Remember to come back and give us a range report.

Take care...

5. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG....

Dont forget to give us a range review. Good or bad the members will help.

6. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    welcome and hi from another NC CC'er with a p3at.  sunny and warm?? 18 degrees in the triangle right now.... brrrr.

7. chase

chase New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I have been very pleased with my P3AT due in part to this website forum. I am now at 650 rounds without a single hic-up or malfunction. Did the 'fluff-n-buff' after the first 100 flawless rounds basically because I am a machininst and cannot leave anything alone....would like to purchase another 2 or so mags in the future but it is not one of those real important things at this point.
    Trust it? Hell yes!!

jb

8. Bubbaman

Bubbaman New Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Welcome, and I also love my P-3AT. ;)