Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Not new to firearms (long and side) but am new to deep CC.

Well, after some exhaustive analysis of the 'newer' polymer pocket pistols I ended up buying a Kel-Tec.  Largely based on the support of you, the wonderfully knowlegable members here.  I just couldn't pass up the support of this group despite how 'cool' I thought the Ruger and Taurus are. (yes, I know the Ruger is a blatent copy at $50 more and the Taurus is too new to judge and larger).

Anyway, right now I'm just 'admiring' the form of the P3AT and I've got a stack loaded with high quality ammo (Remmington FMJ) to loosen up the magazine spring.  Although everything looks clean and smooth right out of the box, I plan to do a little clean up of the feed ramp and thorough cleaning and greasing/oiling before breaking her in.  I can't wait!

Thanks again for this wonderful site and you, the awesome members for being so willing to share and support each other and what appears to be a super pistol.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
welcome to KTOG...I think a cleaning and good lubing would be a good thing before rounds.

I'm also in NC (near intersection of I95/I40)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey NCKelTec

New here myself and as a P3AT owner. I just put another 50 rounds through it yesterday for a total of 100 without a single jam. All I did was a little cleaning before the first shooting ( always clean after shooting ). I also got it for my CC gun.

NC, huh? Sunny and warm? We saw single digits up here in Cleveland Oh this morning. More coming too! Burrr!

take care
Dave

·
Registered
898 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Wouldn't hurt to do a lot of hand cycling before taking the gun out to shoot. Don't dry fire the gun unless you've got a snap cap chambered. Remember to come back and give us a range report.

Take care...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been very pleased with my P3AT due in part to this website forum. I am now at 650 rounds without a single hic-up or malfunction. Did the 'fluff-n-buff' after the first 100 flawless rounds basically because I am a machininst and cannot leave anything alone....would like to purchase another 2 or so mags in the future but it is not one of those real important things at this point.
Trust it? Hell yes!!

jb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts