New P3AT, left but came back

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gbarber010, Nov 3, 2010.

1. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    Several years ago, I purchased my first KelTec. A P-32, that little pistol worked flawless. Great pocket pistol. Well, Keltec came out with the P3AT. I purchased the 380 and again I ended up with a great pistol, 100 %.
    Well, being a police officer, I decided that I needed a larger caliber pistol to carry off duty. So, I ended up trading off both my Keltecs for a Glock 27 .40 cal. I been carrying glocks as my duty weapon for years. Well, it didn't take but one month and the Glock 27 ended up staying home more and more.
    Well, a fellow police officer had a Ruger LCP for a very good price for sell. Being that I realized I made a mistake getting rid of my Keltec decided to buy it. Over the next 3 weeks, I put over 225 round throught the Ruger. During that time I had a FTE about 10 times, I also noticed that the LCP was very loose. I know I could have sent it to Ruger for repair, but I decided to get rid of it and go back to Keltec.
    Yesterday I purchased my 3rd Keltec, a parkerized P3AT. Today I took it out to the country and shot 75 round of Winchester white box FMJ. So again, I now have another flawless Keltec. 75 rounds and not one hiccup. After my bad experience with the Ruger LCP, I considered one of the other 380 pistol. The Diamondback, Taurus, S&W, but after long thought, I went back to what I know is a tried and true performer, the Keltec P3AT. Also the saying is true, a small pistol in your pocket is better than the big gun left at home. As you can tell, I'm very happy with my Keltec

2. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

Good to hear. Seems to me KT is getting the reliability thing down pat.

3. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    I agree. I looked at the Diamondback, which look really good. If a G-27 is a baby glock then the DB is an infant glock. Checked the internet and saw a lot of reports of failures. After spending to much money on the Ruger, (ammo) I didn't want to waste any more money on a weapon to just see if it is reliable. I read the same reports on the S&W and the Taurus. Yes, I believe that KT has got their product down pat. Also from experience KT has great customer Service.

:)

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good for you!

I hope you've decided to carry the P3AT as a backup while on duty.

Bill K.

5. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    BillK
    I do at times carry the P3AT as a back, but my dept doesn't authorize the use of a back up weapon. They are afraid of liability and think we'll use it as a throw down weapon. But how can I do that with the KT being registered in my name. Now my dept does issue me a Taser that is very affective.

6. franco45

franco45 Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Welcome home gbarber010. Thank you for your service and be safe out there.

7. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    Update, Round count now at 125 and no malfunctions. Great little pistol.

8. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    Thank you. I try to do my best.