Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago, I purchased my first KelTec. A P-32, that little pistol worked flawless. Great pocket pistol. Well, Keltec came out with the P3AT. I purchased the 380 and again I ended up with a great pistol, 100 %.
Well, being a police officer, I decided that I needed a larger caliber pistol to carry off duty. So, I ended up trading off both my Keltecs for a Glock 27 .40 cal. I been carrying glocks as my duty weapon for years. Well, it didn't take but one month and the Glock 27 ended up staying home more and more.
Well, a fellow police officer had a Ruger LCP for a very good price for sell. Being that I realized I made a mistake getting rid of my Keltec decided to buy it. Over the next 3 weeks, I put over 225 round throught the Ruger. During that time I had a FTE about 10 times, I also noticed that the LCP was very loose. I know I could have sent it to Ruger for repair, but I decided to get rid of it and go back to Keltec.
Yesterday I purchased my 3rd Keltec, a parkerized P3AT. Today I took it out to the country and shot 75 round of Winchester white box FMJ. So again, I now have another flawless Keltec. 75 rounds and not one hiccup. After my bad experience with the Ruger LCP, I considered one of the other 380 pistol. The Diamondback, Taurus, S&W, but after long thought, I went back to what I know is a tried and true performer, the Keltec P3AT. Also the saying is true, a small pistol in your pocket is better than the big gun left at home. As you can tell, I'm very happy with my Keltec

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I looked at the Diamondback, which look really good. If a G-27 is a baby glock then the DB is an infant glock. Checked the internet and saw a lot of reports of failures. After spending to much money on the Ruger, (ammo) I didn't want to waste any more money on a weapon to just see if it is reliable. I read the same reports on the S&W and the Taurus. Yes, I believe that KT has got their product down pat. Also from experience KT has great customer Service.

:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BillK
I do at times carry the P3AT as a back, but my dept doesn't authorize the use of a back up weapon. They are afraid of liability and think we'll use it as a throw down weapon. But how can I do that with the KT being registered in my name. Now my dept does issue me a Taser that is very affective.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, Round count now at 125 and no malfunctions. Great little pistol.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
franco45 said:
Welcome home gbarber010. Thank you for your service and be safe out there.
Thank you. I try to do my best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts