New P3AT holsters

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Oleg_Volk, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk New Member

Mar 5, 2009
  2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Nice! I especially like the cut and looks of that pocket holster. How easily does the gun draw from the pocket holster? I see leather molded over the back of the slide and am wondering how much drag on the draw it would have.

Oh, who builds that holster? I see what appears to be the letters AH embossed in the leather but can't make out any of the other printing.

Thanks for sharing...

3. dixieplinker

dixieplinker New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    It is a fine looking holster isn't it? If you follow his link above it is Adamsholsters.com and the top photo looks like a sharkskin holster. $60 or so on the site. A little steep for me but I don't know if I've seen a better looking pocket holster.

4. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk New Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Luke Adams also makes plan holsters for less money.

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    It is a fine looking holster isn't it?  If you follow his link above it is Adamsholsters.com and the top photo looks like a sharkskin holster.  $60 or so on the site.  A little steep for me but I don't know if I've seen a better looking pocket holster.[/quote]

Oops! noticed the Galco link but somehow missed the Adams.

Thanks...

6. luke213

luke213 New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Thanks for the compliments guys:) I've been actually lurking about here for around a year or so, but I just frequently read rather than post. I actually do that on allot of the gun forums out there, it's hard when you end up on too many to keep up with everyone;)

That rig that Oleg took pics of is actually my personal carry rig for my P3AT, I've got one built out for my left and right pockets. So depending on what I'm carrying that day I run run the P3AT as a backup(normal use) or as a primary, since I'm a big fan of putting the BUG weak side, I use the left handed version of that rig much more. But overall I'm pretty much a Kel-Tec junkie, 99% of the time there is a P3AT in my pocket, and fairly often a PF9 either in the other pocket, or IWB/OWB rig. I'm pretty hooked on these nice little light guns;)

Oh and here is the link to the holster in question on my site

That shark trim on the holster I should mention, actually is there for a functional purpose more than just decoration. That is shark without the denticles removed, in most pockets it works something like velcro, it grabs the inside of the pocket(hence the "bite" part of the name, it actually bites into the pocket material). It's a one way type of thing, so it goes into the pocket smoothly but then doesn't like to come out, which helps keep it in the pocket on the draw.

Also the question about the leather overlap, it doesn't effect the draw much at all, since the leather is fairly thin it just basically breaks up the outline of the top of the gun. I find that the back of the Kel-Tec's tend to make a very distinctive print on the top because of the flat angles of the rear of the gun and that tends to help camouflage that a little bit more.

Take care guys!

Luke

7. snookking

snookking Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I am looking for a inexpensive solution to iwb carry any suggestions?

8. luke213

luke213 New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Well mostly I'd say it depends on what you would call inexpensive;) I've found in holsters that not always but sometimes you do indeed get what you pay for. That said you can overpay just as easily depending on the gear your looking at. I can build out any of my rigs for the P3AT but that really depends on if your saying sub $100, or sub $30, I think you need a qualifier of about how much you would like to spend on the rig:)

Take care!

Luke