Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new hard chrome p3at last week and prior to taking it to the range, I did a cleaning and visual inspection.

The barrel appears to be pitted all the way through from breach to muzzle, it does not appear to brush away. I assume this is a mfg flaw?

Opinions? What gives?

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
djw said:
After trying the above, it does not polish out, and can't be scraped off.
So, you have already cleaned it with JB after I posted 20 minutes ago?

Or, if the picture is post-JB, something just don't look right to me. There is a lot of crud in there that JB will take out.

rcmodel

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
djw said:
After trying the above, it does not polish out, and can't be scraped off.
If it wont shoot out or polish out, call 1-800-515-9983 Service Dept and ask Kel-Tec how they want to handle the barrel exchange.

Wilson – who’s yet to see a barrel he can’t shine, but he’s really really good with Kel-Tecs ::)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the 2nd p3at, 1st one no prob. Got lots of stuff on tap for cleaning.

The assembly pin seems to be out of place causing the polymer to bulge out from the frame.

Thanks for the comments and assistance.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
djw said:
This is the 2nd p3at, 1st one no prob.  Got lots of stuff on tap for cleaning.

The assembly pin seems to be out of place causing the polymer to bulge out from the frame.  

Thanks for the comments and assistance.
Your assembly pin spring may be dislodged causing the grip to bow out. The owner's manuel advises keeping pressure on the grip when pulling the pin to avoid that.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I lapped mine with JB, using several clean patches before I was done, fitted tightly on a .36 cal brass jag.

The bore-size jag is important to get a tight enough patch fit for the JB to work as it should.

rcmodel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.