New P3AT - Great fit and finish!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by FreddyMac, Feb 2, 2009.

1. FreddyMac

FreddyMac New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Just bought my first Kel-Tec - a P3AT. Been looking for weeks here in GA and they are scarce. Ran across on at a gun show and paid $300 for it NIB. A bit high, but well worth it IMHO...now the reason for this post:

The fit and finish on this gun was way better than I expected based on posts here. I was all ready to go through "GL's Illustrated Fluff & Buff" (which is a great)...and when I disassembled my pistol and looked at it, I was surprised to find that most of the surfaces I was ready to smooth were already very smooth and mostly devoid of tool marks. I did find some metal shavings - but nothing else that needed my attention. I did buff the rails a bit for good measure, but that's it.

Took it to the range today and put 50 FMJ's through it without a hiccup. I was very impressed with this little gun.

Serial # is JZxxx

Anyone else seen good fit and finish on recent Kel-Tecs? I'm wondering if they are doing more of this at the factory before shipping?

2. JOHNT

JOHNT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I am looking for one also. I'm im Ga too. Who did you buy yours from?
    Thanks

3. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Congrats on your new gun!

Since Ruger came our with the LCP clone there have been more reports on the increase in quality of the NIB P-3AT's fit and finish. Maybe they had to be shamed into it. ;)

Clean, lube, shoot, enjoy!!

Bobo

4. FreddyMac

FreddyMac New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    JOHNT - I bought mine at an Eastman gun show from RGW sports out of Warner Robbins, GA. He only had the one I bought (in fact, it is was the only one at the entire show!). He did have 3 or 4 Rugers - and I saw two of them get snatched up for $400 while I was filling out my paperwork - 30 minutes after the show opened.

I also called 15 gun dealers in the ATL metro area and not a single one had a P3AT in stock - lots of P32's, though.

Good luck with your search...

5. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I just got mine in NY, same story here serial #JZ*** looked and functioned great right out of the box.