Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Kel-Tec - a P3AT. Been looking for weeks here in GA and they are scarce. Ran across on at a gun show and paid $300 for it NIB. A bit high, but well worth it IMHO...now the reason for this post:

The fit and finish on this gun was way better than I expected based on posts here. I was all ready to go through "GL's Illustrated Fluff & Buff" (which is a great)...and when I disassembled my pistol and looked at it, I was surprised to find that most of the surfaces I was ready to smooth were already very smooth and mostly devoid of tool marks. I did find some metal shavings - but nothing else that needed my attention. I did buff the rails a bit for good measure, but that's it.

Took it to the range today and put 50 FMJ's through it without a hiccup. I was very impressed with this little gun.

Serial # is JZxxx

Anyone else seen good fit and finish on recent Kel-Tecs? I'm wondering if they are doing more of this at the factory before shipping?

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Congrats on your new gun!

Since Ruger came our with the LCP clone there have been more reports on the increase in quality of the NIB P-3AT's fit and finish. Maybe they had to be shamed into it. ;)

Clean, lube, shoot, enjoy!!

Bobo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JOHNT - I bought mine at an Eastman gun show from RGW sports out of Warner Robbins, GA. He only had the one I bought (in fact, it is was the only one at the entire show!). He did have 3 or 4 Rugers - and I saw two of them get snatched up for $400 while I was filling out my paperwork - 30 minutes after the show opened.

I also called 15 gun dealers in the ATL metro area and not a single one had a P3AT in stock - lots of P32's, though.

Good luck with your search...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.