New P3AT - First shoot.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jt90078, May 30, 2008.

1. jt90078

jt90078 New Member

May 30, 2008
    Just bought a P3AT for a second carry piece. Glock 23 a bit hard to hide in summer. (Had a sale $269.00. ) Actually got it last week but finally got some range time in yesterday. I did a brief fluff and buff along with a good clean and lube. I think that may have made the difference. Shot 50 rounds of Blazer ammo through with no problems. I was figuring I would have a few miss feeds or something just breaking it in. I was also a bit reluctant to buy after reading about the gun. But with the extra info here in the forum, I figured I would treat it like gold and clean it up really good. Going to give it a good clean tonight and try again next week. I also ran a few HydoShoks which i carry in it.

Thanks for all the info on cleaning,lube, and extra parts that like to fall off.

Justin

2. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
    Hey Justin, welcome from an oldtimer! ;D

Actually, I'm in the same position as you. I'm carrying HydraShoks, but will change to Golden Sabres as soon as I can get some and try them. Should have some next week.

Did you check for smileys? I had them. Slightly messes up the front of the HydraShoks, but not bad. I have one I kept. I'm headed out of town in the morning, but will try to post a picture tonight or next week if I can think about it.

As I posted. I fired 70+ rounds without a problem. I still can't believe how smooth and reliable it cycles.

3. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    welcome to the forum...you'll find anything here that you need......and yes it makes a very good carry piece.....clean and lube religiously and you'll be fine....

4. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    should you order any thing from kt, like extra mags, get a couple of spare ejectors...eventually it will  get lost....gpr

5. jt90078

jt90078 New Member

May 30, 2008
    That ejector is a sneaky piece. I had the guys at the gunshop break it down and actually fell out for him and so i learned then but great advice. Definitely something to add to the list.

I didn't look for the smiley, but ill have to check, I don't believe I saw one though.

Only issues I had when shooting is the grip being a little small, I had to make sure i was holding on to the gun good because it felt like it was going to jump out of the top of my grip. I had ordered a mag extension, grip pads, and slide on rubber grip when i got the gun.
    I just got the extension and see that will be a great help on holding on to it. The waffle grip it has dug into my hand a bit and left an impression so ill be happy to take it back out soon when i get the rest of my order. My pinky finger just seemed to dangle around the bottom of the gun but now has a place to rest.

6. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Welcome to the KTOG Justin! I've never owned anything...and I do mean anything where other owners were so helpful as those on this forum. I'm sure that you're going to really like it here!

7. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    How hard is it to put the ejector back in the gun, I'm getting ready to field strip and clean mine for the first time isn't the ejector head in by a pin. Thanks

Tom j.

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Tom,

About the only thing easier to do than put the ejector back in is to have it drop out  :) Really, once you see how the little piece is oriented there is nothing to it. Nope, no pin to hold it in but a little gun grease just might help.

Take care...

9. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say thanks for the help what are the chances of it popping out when I field strip the gun and is there anyway to avoid this? Thanks again!

Tom j.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Tom,

It is not spring loaded and so will not "pop" out. What you might want to do is simply remove it after you take the slide off and set it aside to be cleaned - just remember to put it back during assembly. The guide rod assembly is however under spring pressure and can go flying. I immediately remove the guide rod & springs after removing the slide, then the barrel, then the ejector. Leave the trigger cocked during disassembly, cleaning and reassemble. Field strip and clean maybe 2-3 times and you can easily do it blindfolded thereafter. Really not a big deal, you'll do just fine.

Take care...

11. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
    If you didn't specifically look for it, you wouldn't see it. You have to shoot with rounds in the magazine. After you shoot, remove the round that is in the chamber and check it.