New P3AT/CTC pocket holster I made

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by daviscustom, Nov 30, 2008.

1. daviscustom

daviscustom New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Just thought you guys might be interested to see my latest pocket holster idea.  It is closed on the bottom and covers all the trigger guard area to cut down on lint build-up.  It also has a cut-out for my middle finger to push the holster off and get a good grip on the pistol.  This is the first time I have posted photos so hopefully it will work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Good work! Not bad at all. I'm thinking about doing something along theses lines. Thanks for the pics.

3. seabear1500

seabear1500 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Very good. I have a galco holster that I am going to thicken down by the barrel like yours to make it print more like a wallet. Exactly what I was thinking, good job.

4. daviscustom

daviscustom New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    This holster I made a little looser fit then the one I originally made before getting the laser. Since it is in my pocket, retention is not an issue. It is simply intended to make the gun print less in the pocket and to keep it oriented correctly in the pocket for quick access. The looser fit, in combination with the finger cut-out, makes drawing a lot faster and less of a fight to get it free from the holster.

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
  6. daviscustom

daviscustom New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    I totally agree, all that matters is that it makes it more comfortable to carry and keep concealed. All I have invested is 2 or 3 hours of my time and a few leather scraps that I had left over from another project. The outside shell is a very thin leather that is very flexible and doesn't add much thickness where it wraps around the gun. I used the same material in my first holster but I doubled it over at the top for added stiffness, but it made ridge that shows through my pocket when pulled tight... and it wasn't needed. It's not like you need it to be stiff for reholstering your gun, it's better for it to be thin and not add extra bulk. It is difficult to reholster with it still in your pocket and you're probably better off to pull it out just to be on the safe side anyway.

7. kevinvandeusen

kevinvandeusen New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    who makes the laser, nice holster!!

8. daviscustom

daviscustom New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Thanks. The laser is made by Crimson Trace.

9. jp8900

jp8900 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Very nice... Thats just like the galco that crimson trace offers with the sale of the laser... Is that what you modeled after? That one actually looks a little smaller.

10. daviscustom

daviscustom New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    No, I haven't seen one. The dealer I got the laser from has had it a while so it didn't come with a holster. That may be why he wanted to move it, he sold it for $150, he said that was his cost.

11. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    looks good, possibly a bit too fat for my taste, as I wear alot of jeans and like things as thin as possible and somewhat flexible, yet I'm still looking for the perfect pocket holster though.