Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First time P3AT owner here and I have a question about ammo for the break-in period.

I've found some Fiocchi FMJ for $13.97 per 50 at sportsman choice and some American Eagle for about $18 per 50 at Cabela's.

I've read alot of positive posts for the AE and I use federal in my PF9 without a single hiccup but the cost difference between the two have me considering the Fiocchi.

Can someone with experience using Fiocchi offer some pros/cons of the ammo?

Money is tight, like with many others, and I don't like wasting it....

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
145 Posts
After a very thorough F&B, I shot a box of UMC and a box of Fiocchi without a problem.
I consider the initial break-in complete and will now test and train with my carry ammo (DPX and Gold Dot) until I find the one I prefer. I want 100% reliability, like my Glocks.
After that I will go back to the cheap (hmmmmm !) ammo for serious training.

My $.02

·
Registered
145 Posts
How much was the shipping. The SG has sometimes low prices but overcharge for the shipping !!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Shipping for 10 boxes shows $15.49.

Sportsman's Guide tries to sell you a club membership for $30 that lowers the price and gives free shipping on this order along with two $10 coupons to use for future orders. So, you spend $29.99, save $29.49 on this order, have two $10 coupons to use within one year, no minimum purchase.

Although that sounded like a commercial, it was not. I was just reading and posting what their rules were. Joining seems like a good idea if you were to order 10 boxes of more.

FYI they show Expected availability: March 31, 2010.

Billy

·
Registered
233 Posts
Have not run Fiocchi thru my 380 because I can't ever find it around here. But I shoot a fair amount of it in 9mm & .45 ACP - HPs and FMJs. I have never had a single issue with it in any gun. If I had my choice, I would pick Fiocchi 1st every time. There's a plant in the southern part of my state and it's still hard to find. I'm guessing they're having a hard time keeping up. They've been at it for 130 years and I trust Italians in knowing their handgun stuff....... Your P3AT magazines are Italian by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
My P-3AT has shot everything I've tried in it including the Fiocchi and AE you mentioned. For range fodder I shoot whatever I can get least expensive at the time. I usually wait for a good sale and buy 500 or so rounds at a time. The only stuff I won't shoot in the P-3AT is steel cased ammo.

Bobo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts