New P3AT Break-in/Target Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TNHitter, Jan 3, 2010.

1. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hey all,

First time P3AT owner here and I have a question about ammo for the break-in period.

I've found some Fiocchi FMJ for $13.97 per 50 at sportsman choice and some American Eagle for about $18 per 50 at Cabela's.

I've read alot of positive posts for the AE and I use federal in my PF9 without a single hiccup but the cost difference between the two have me considering the Fiocchi.

Can someone with experience using Fiocchi offer some pros/cons of the ammo?

Money is tight, like with many others, and I don't like wasting it....

Thanks for any help!

2. jfl

jfl New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    After a very thorough F&B, I shot a box of UMC and a box of Fiocchi without a problem.
    I consider the initial break-in complete and will now test and train with my carry ammo (DPX and Gold Dot) until I find the one I prefer. I want 100% reliability, like my Glocks.
    After that I will go back to the cheap (hmmmmm !) ammo for serious training.

My $.02

3. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    My 3AT loves Fiocchi. I would buy a bunch of it at this price. Where can you buy this for $13.97?

Billy

4. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
  5. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    NEVERMIND when I tried to add the ammo to my cart it says they are back ordered....

6. jfl

jfl New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    How much was the shipping. The SG has sometimes low prices but overcharge for the shipping !!!

7. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Shipping for 10 boxes shows $15.49.

Sportsman's Guide tries to sell you a club membership for $30 that lowers the price and gives free shipping on this order along with two $10 coupons to use for future orders. So, you spend $29.99, save $29.49 on this order, have two $10 coupons to use within one year, no minimum purchase.

Although that sounded like a commercial, it was not. I was just reading and posting what their rules were. Joining seems like a good idea if you were to order 10 boxes of more.

FYI they show Expected availability: March 31, 2010.

Billy

8. tomwalshco

tomwalshco New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Have not run Fiocchi thru my 380 because I can't ever find it around here. But I shoot a fair amount of it in 9mm & .45 ACP - HPs and FMJs. I have never had a single issue with it in any gun. If I had my choice, I would pick Fiocchi 1st every time. There's a plant in the southern part of my state and it's still hard to find. I'm guessing they're having a hard time keeping up. They've been at it for 130 years and I trust Italians in knowing their handgun stuff....... Your P3AT magazines are Italian by the way.

9. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    My P-3AT has shot everything I've tried in it including the Fiocchi and AE you mentioned. For range fodder I shoot whatever I can get least expensive at the time. I usually wait for a good sale and buy 500 or so rounds at a time. The only stuff I won't shoot in the P-3AT is steel cased ammo.

Bobo