new P3AT ad

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Oleg_Volk, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
  2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Nicely done.  :cool:

"Lighter than most 25s"

You know...  I can't think of a 25 that is as light as the 8.3 oz P3AT.  Can anyone?

Maybe just say...  Lighter than a 25, or maybe even, lighter than any 25. :)

3. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I agree -- revised.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    must be a bandwidth thing...I don't see anything

5. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Good point, if even they weighed less. Still, not much of a back up unless you are attacked by a tea cup poodle. ;D

6. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi Oleg,

It's a good ad, I thing it would have more impact though if the rounds could be viewed sideways for comparison though.

Best Regards

7. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I tried that. Because 25 and 380 are almost the same length, 25 looks more "streamlined" and impressive...not like the mouse-fart that it is.

8. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Tisk tisk...now isn't that what all the .45ACP carriers say about the .380? :p :D ;)

Looks nice. What do you do with these ads?

9. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Some get published by Kel-tec, some get re-posted on-line, some are my creative exercises.

10. Very nice, but my Colt Jr's take offense!  :D

[​IMG]

Eh...Oleg- Is that spent brass I see, or a live round?

11. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Live. What's the point of an unloaded pistol?

That Colt Jr. is heavier than P3AT, though smaller in dimensions. But I'll happily provide a graphic for you, too:

[​IMG]

12. Oleg- I can provide crude graphics. YOU, sir, provide ART!

And yes, I know the Colt is much heavier. They (I have three) were already offended by the way I treat them. They hardly ever get taken to the range, and are NEVER carried. The 3AT? Carried and fired often.

13. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    But who carries a .25? That market is pretty small to begin with. I would think that the only people that do carry .25 auto's would be unlikely to change. Either that is what they have and won't replace it (it was momma's), or they have that wierd idea that the .25 is an good SD round. Does anyone know of some one who, with other options, picks a .25 auto? A toughter challange might be to steal NAA customers. If I had a limited add budget, I would not spend much on trying to grab a bigger chunck of the .25 auto share. Just my less than humble opinion. Oleg, love your work, keep it up,
    Lop

14. Oleg_Volk

Oleg_Volk Active Member

Mar 5, 2009
    That's why this is a web ad...but I am not after people who carry 25 as a primary, mostly after those who carry it as a backup. That may be a bigger category today.

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    P3AT
    Lighter than any 25

Hey, you changed it.  It does have a better ring to it and I don't think you'll get any arguments.  :)

Heck, even my tiny little Titan 25 weighs 13 oz with the mag.  I think it's a great ad and may also get the attention of some folks that carry the other small caliber backups, 22 and 32.  Additionally, I think there are more folks than we think that still rely on 25s for SD and even for home defense.  Shoot, there's about a zillion Ravens/Davis/Cobras/Jennings, not to mention the decent little Beretta, Taurus and the old Brownings, Colts and such.  A lot of these are tucked away in a sock drawer or riding around in a purse, but some of the better quality pieces are used as backups and have been for many years.  Old habits can be hard to break.  Here's to breaking some with that ad.  :cool:

16. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Bond, James Bond ;) (way back in the begining)

how could a photo convey a "double naught" trading in a 25 for a P3AT? :-?

17. Picatinny_Pete

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

My grandfather and Dad carried them as pocket pistols, 9 shots was a lot of fire power before the days of double column magazines. They worked early mornings Grandpa opening his tire factory at 5 AM and Dad doing a paper route 4-6 AM. The 25 was considered small, but in those days the 38 Special was considered a fairly powerful round.

I have no doubt had a P-32 or P3At been availble back then they would've gone to one of them. I know with my grandfather it was a matter of ease of concealment just drop it in your pocket and be ready for a surprise when you opened the door and the guard dog wasn't there to greet you.

Best Regards:

18. Picatinny_Pete

Sep 2, 2009
    Bond, James Bond  ;) (way back in the begining)

how could a photo convey a "double naught" trading in a 25 for a P3AT?  :-?
    [/quote]

Hi,

Actually it would be a P-32 in 32 ACP, James Bond was forced to trade his custom 25 ACP Berretta for a Walther PPK in 32 ACP. The scene was shown in "Dr. No" when he tries to sneek away with the 25 Beretta after being issued the 7.65 MM Browning/32 ACP PPK.

Best Wishes:

19. I know for a fact that a lot of the officers around here carry the P3AT as a on and off duty back up.