New P3-AT & Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by devildog, Oct 7, 2007.

1. devildog

devildog New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Hi folks. Great forum. I purchased the P3-AT last week along with the mag extenders. The mag extenders were an interesting adventure in getting together. After much aggravation and telling myself "this can't be right" I checked the forum. Sure enough I wasn't getting the plate seated correctly. After a little more effort it went together fine. I did need to bend the tang a bit more to allow the mag to seat in the gun properly without hanging. I saw on here were someone "ported" the mag well on their gun to help with the seating. That may be my first "mod".

Yesterday I took it to the range. I shot about 125 rounds though it. 50 were factory, the rest reloads. I had no FTF and no FTE. What did happened at about the 30th round or so I noticed that the assembly pin was coming out. :eek: Now to be fair, I am not sure if this was not more of a case of operator headspace and timing than anything else. I did take the gun apart the night before to wipe it down. I may not have got the pin completely seated upon reassembly. In any case I pushed it back in and didn't have any more problems with it. Anyone else have a problem with the pin migrating out?

Overall this gun more than exceeded my expectations. It shoots accurately and is reliable. I love that you can shove it in a pocket and no one is the wiser. Great gun especially for the money.

2. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Check the side of the grip under the pin. Do you see a BULGE there? If you don't hold pressure against the side of the grip, the retaining spring can slip out of its slot in the frame. Once that happens, the pin will NEVER seat right. In that case, you need to:

1. Remove the pin.
    2. Hold pressure against the side of the grip.
    3. Push the top of the spring down into the grip until it seats into its slot with a little click.

If this doesn't work, you may need to remove the frame from the grip to get that spring seated properly.

http://1bad69.com/keltec/disassembly.htm

You only would need to remove the FRONT frame pin and pry up the front of the frame with a common screwdriver to fix this though.

Packer.