Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new hard crome P3-AT from a local gun shop a couple of weeks ago. Found this forum right after that- what a great find. Information value from you folks is tremendous. I did a Fluff & Buff, & added Bursa finger extensions on the magazines before taking it to the range this past week end. Ran 200 rounds of Winchester 95GR FMJ through it in one session. I had one round fail to fire (FTF) - first round in a magazine after about 50 shots. Racked the slide, and no further problems. I looked for the ejected round to see if it was a lite strike, but it had rolled downrange and I could not retrieve it. Guess the breach did not fiully lock up after I inserted the magazine was the reason for the problem. No other problems, and the gun performed perfectly outside the one FTF. It was definately filthy when I got it back home to clean it back up - Burnt powder all over the muzzle end of the slide. Overall impression was really good! I was able to easily place all rounds from the last couple of magazines well inside an 8 inch target at 15 feet. After reading some of the quality issues on this board over the past few days, I do have some concerns. I checked the inside of my slide opposite the extractor port and also see machine marks and the so called 'Groove" that has been identified as suspect for cause of extraction issues. I hope that since mine is hard cromed over the machined grove it will not ware further. My guess for the cause of the poor machining of the slide had to be a tolerence problem with the computer controlled mill at the factory. Does anyone have a picture of what a perfect slide should look like in this area? Again, thanks for all the good information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.